2018 Goldwing Engine and Transmission Video
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Goldwing Engine and Transmission Video

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ti0JEGAPd5A

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Circle-5
    Excellent video. Thank you. Here's the link to the 2018 GoldWing Electronics and Telematics video:

https://youtu.be/pQLtH4dFA6M

Thanks both are great videos

I'm astonished at the lack of response to these videos. Must have cleared up all the misconceptions about the DCT and answered all of the other questions about the bike in general.

The second video says the Nav system is Harman, not Garmin. Harman is not known for navigation systems. They had a couple of portables that received mediocre customer reviews @ 10 years ago. Would be a shame if you have to make an $$$ trip to the dealers to get map updates instead of doing them yourselves with your PC and a thumb drive. 10 years of "FREE" map updates may not be so free after all.

In watching several of the videos it sounded to me like Harman has done the whole electronics integration on the new Wing. Doesn’t necessarily mean they developed the GPS, etc, but that they have integrated all of this stuff on the Wing. Looks like integration of multiple devices into a system is their speciality.

https://www.harman.com/

Guess we’ll learn more details in the future.

Interesting....Harmon also developed the infotainment system that Harley-Davidson uses on the Rushmore to current bikes.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    In watching several of the videos it sounded to me like Harman has done the whole electronics integration on the new Wing. Doesn’t necessarily mean they developed the GPS, etc, but that they have integrated all of this stuff on the Wing. Looks like integration of multiple devices into a system is their speciality.

https://www.harman.com/

Guess we’ll learn more details in the future.
    Harman is OWNED by Samsung Electronics (South Korea) they are into everything.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

So the engine/trams video talks about the increased power of the new engine....does anyone know the actual HP and Torque figures of this new power plant? I may have overlooked but I don't think I saw anything published about this on Honda's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammd View Post
    So the engine/trams video talks about the increased power of the new engine....does anyone know the actual HP and Torque figures of this new power plant? I may have overlooked but I don't think I saw anything published about this on Honda's website.
    125 hp. I do believe that is at the crank. The 2001-17 were supposed to be 118 hp at the crank. The torque is also 125 ft lbs. at the crank I am sure.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"