2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 27

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    We will be posting separate threads in the next couple of days, however for those that want to go ahead and book their Cherokee North Carolina Hotel... here are the details

The hotel is situated in a great location with restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy and gas stations around it.

Microtel Cherokee , call 828-497-7800 ask for Emily
    You must mention that you are with the "F6B Riders Group"
    to receive this group rate.

Wednesday August 29th and Thursday August 30th, the room rates are $59 plus 13.9% tax = $67.20
    Friday August 31st and Saturday September 1st, the room rates are $89 plus 13.9% tax = $101.37

The 4 nights combined ---> $296 plus 41.10 tax = $337.10

The group rate will be locked until July 1st, after July first you will be paying much higher rates (if there are rooms available). It is Labor Day weekend and our Goal is to be heading Home Sunday morning

Colorado details to follow in the next couple of days, we are ironing out a few details .... we may have found a better hotel with a larger parking area for our tent and place for those trailering ... ample parking for pick-up trucks with trailers. This possible new location has great reviews, better price and convenient as well. Ranks in the top 3 hotels in Montrose.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Thank you for your efforts Tony, and anyone else who may have been involved thus far. It's going to be an exciting rally year in 2018 for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    We will be posting separate threads in the next couple of days, however for those that want to go ahead and book their Cherokee North Carolina Hotel... here are the details

The hotel is situated in a great location with restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy and gas stations around it.

Microtel Cherokee , call 828-497-7800 ask for Emily
    You must mention that you are with the "F6B Riders Group"
    to receive this group rate.

Wednesday August 29th and Thursday August 30th, the room rates are $59 plus 13.9% tax = $67.20
    Friday August 31st and Saturday September 1st, the room rates are $89 plus 13.9% tax = $101.37

The 4 nights combined ---> $296 plus 41.10 tax = $337.10

The group rate will be locked until July 1st, after July first you will be paying much higher rates (if there are rooms available). It is Labor Day weekend and our Goal is to be heading Home Sunday morning

Colorado details to follow in the next couple of days, we are ironing out a few details .... we may have found a better hotel with a larger parking area for our tent and place for those trailering ... ample parking for pick-up trucks with trailers. This possible new location has great reviews, better price and convenient as well. Ranks in the top 3 hotels in Montrose.
    Please keep us informed, as there are a few of us that are making plans to go out west.
    A real Road Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Please keep us informed, as there are a few of us that are making plans to go out west.
    A real Road Trip!
    Yep +1
    A real road trip
    NOLA to Dallas see Brother for dinner
    Dallas to Amarillo or farther.
    Farther to Montrose

OR
    Option 2
    640 Miles and just have fun!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Quote Originally Posted by LA Weld View Post
    Yep +1
    A real road trip
    NOLA to Dallas see Brother for dinner
    Dallas to Amarillo or farther.
    Farther to Montrose

OR
    Option 2
    640 Miles and just have fun!
    LA......

Got a while to plan the Montrose trip but let's all hook up next Aug for the beautiful ride up 287 to Amarillo. Hoping JM from Austin and a few others will gather up here in Dallas for the Montrose gathering. The Angel Fire, Red River, Questa loop would be a nice detour getting up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    LA......

Got a while to plan the Montrose trip but let's all hook up next Aug for the beautiful ride up 287 to Amarillo. Hoping JM from Austin and a few others will gather up here in Dallas for the Montrose gathering. The Angel Fire, Red River, Questa loop would be a nice detour getting up there.
    I'm in, and just call me Jeff...

Thanks for all the hard work guys ! Hope to make one of them.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Just scheduled my vacation so I hope to make the trip and meet some of you guys.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

In negotiations with a large hotel that has plenty of indoor AIR CONDITIONED gathering space (a banquet room where we can all gather in after our rides).

I have been told that AUGUST is still considered "PEAK season". Rates for a decent hotel are at a premium ($110 - $130).
    I have also been told that a Tent in the evening is NOT a good idea ... TOO HOT, The hotel lady has told me that the temperature in the late afternoon can still be between 90 to 100 degrees. (75-85 in the mountains while riding)

I am trying to negotiate rooms for around $80-$90 with a free banquet room.
    Location is also convenient to reach ....

GRAND JUNCTION, COLORADO

Great rides to the North, East and South
    Several restaurants and conveniences nearby.

Further details to follow.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

OldWing

can i still attend since i traded my black 2013 F6 for a pearl white 2008 OldWing?

What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map