Tires - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tires

Purchased my bike with 2,800 miles on it April 16. Just hit 12k and burnt the remaining rubber off the stock tires. I switched to Dunlop E4's and rode 3.5hrs back to MD from NJ.

I will tell you the bike felt very different. Handled better, more planted, and as stated in other posts absorbed a lot of the road distractions. In a nutshell I have not tested other tires, but for the price these tires have handled very well for me and I am pleased.
    Veteran 16 years and counting
    Think. Adapt. Anticipate.

As we all know, when we replace any brand of worn out tire, with any new tire, the new tire will feel better and out handle the worn out one that was just replaced. The only way to get a true comparison, is to have a spare wheel mounted with a new tire, and have a new tire from a different manufactor on your other wheel, and then ride and switch wheels, to do the comparison. This test will not tell you which will last the longest, but will tell you which tire handles the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    As we all know, when we replace any brand of worn out tire, with any new tire, the new tire will feel better and out handle the worn out one that was just replaced. The only way to get a true comparison, is to have a spare wheel mounted with a new tire, and have a new tire from a different manufactor on your other wheel, and then ride and switch wheels, to do the comparison. This test will not tell you which will last the longest, but will tell you which tire handles the best.
    Agree. I've pontificated this point before in other threads of this board.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    True I suppose, but why go to all that trouble?? Replace your tires with what your most comfortable with and enjoy the ride...I don't know of many that buy extra wheels with tires and try different ones on a car!!...If the tire you put on your bike makes you un-easy, ride it until it is time to replace and then change...Sometimes we try to make "mountains out of molehills"....JMHO....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Agree. I've pontificated this point before in other threads of this board.

Wills pontificatin' again..........

Quote Originally Posted by Fnicolosi View Post
    Yes, I entered it wrong. 49th week of 2012. Thx for catching it.
    I sell tires for a living...that stood out like a sore thumb to me!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.