Motorcycle Lift - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle Lift

So sorry. I just realized you are talking about lifts and I was thinking jacks. Yes I can see how a lift would make the bike much more easy to access, even if doing nothing more than cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    So sorry. I just realized you are talking about lifts and I was thinking jacks. Yes I can see how a lift would make the bike much more easy to access, even if doing nothing more than cleaning.
    We knew you were ..................

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have used one of these lift tables for about 7 years. It has been a good lift but I did check the oil in the pump/jack reservoir when I got it after reading some reviews that said to check it. It was not even half way filled with fluid when I took it out of the crate. I filled it up with hydraulic jack fluid and it has been great for years. I too took off the wimpy front tire holder and put a regular drive in wheel chock, much better. Sitting in a chair working on your bike @ eye level is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Just wondering if I will ever need a motorcycle jack for this F6B. Have not so far, using the center stand it is easy enough to change the front tire and the back also if done at the same time as front. I do use a single piston/shaft automotive type jack for tilting the bike down in front enough to get the rear tire out. Other wise it is on its side for rear wheel removal. The motorcycle lift is certainly needed for both the other bikes without center stands.
    Just wait till you turn 70 LOL

Bought a used "Handy" lift about 4 years ago. Love it for oil changes, cleaning the lower half of the bike and generally any maintenance or repairs, makes working on the 6 easier on the older body, mine of course.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

I know we are not even close at this price of the harbor freight one but here is what I bought last year.

https://excel-equipment.com/brands/t...ide-extensions

Pros are, it has removable sides and I can put my mowers on it, air driven, adjusts to hold even a chopper, wheel cutout., I got it for around 850

Quote Originally Posted by AWILLIAMS64 View Post
    I know we are not even close at this price of the harbor freight one but here is what I bought last year.

Pros are, it has removable sides and I can put my mowers on it, air driven, adjusts to hold even a chopper, wheel cutout., I got it for around 850
    I have the same type, longer deck. Christmas present, last. Works great!
    It has made my bike maintenance and tinker projects more enjoyable - comfortable.
    Surrounded mine with rubber mats. My back loves it..
    Now I have neighbor bike repair deals, though.. I need a second one..
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by AWILLIAMS64 View Post

I have one similar with all the bells and whistles. Picked it up from a coworker, didn't quite realize what I was getting. Way overkill for my current needs but I'll grow into it

My main complaint is it's pretty heavy and a pain to maneuver. Once I get my garage setup it shouldn't be an issue but right now it's not in it's final spot...