New BMW Bagger Model - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New BMW Bagger Model

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    BMW + =

They are nice bikes but will not have one. They are high maintenance.
    Riding buddy took his 08 R1200RT into local dealer for some work a few days ago...Tires, oil/filter change, fluids changed, and check-up etc. Charge was $900!!!....Ouch......Ride safe and stick with the Honda

You are correct; I misspoke. I was thinking more about the gee-wiz technology - which appears to be similar in both bikes - and bundled that thought with performance. Another example of my increasing age . Funny thing is that I have an older RT and it certainly out corners my F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    Interesting....
    While I agree with MOST of what you wrote, I am curious about your projection on the performance factor. The K1600B blows the doors of the F6B. All of the K1600 series bikes have 160hp, and several of our members have had the pleasure of watching the K-series taillights get smaller and smaller. Hornblower and a couple others actually own or owned both a K1600 and an F6B. According to them, though the F6B is a great performer in its own right, it isn't comparable at all performance-wise. The K-series are faster with more clearance in the turns.

The new Goldwing's engine is supposed to be an improvement on the current engine (how much remains to be seen...but the displacement has only gone up by 1cc), and there is a slight difference in weight between it and the F6B (90 pounds lighter than the current full-dressed wing... less so with our bikes). How are you drawing the conclusion that the performance is comparable? Better than what we have (which is great IMO)?...probably. Comparable to the beastly inline 6 that the K1600 has?... I see no evidence of that in any of the reviews.

At the end of the day, there are several factors that go into making a bike purchase besides speed and handling. I'm just curious if you came across some info that paints a different comparative picture between the performance of the new bikes. If so, please share.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Reliability is even more important than price to me.

The annual USA�-consumer survey of the top 10 brands found similar results to last year with the Japanese marques leading the reliability stakes. Yamaha recorded the lowest failure rate for four-year-old motorcycles with 11%, followed by Suzuki and Honda (12%) and Kawasaki (15%).
    American brands Victory (17%) and Harley-�-Davidson (26%) were midpack, and Triumph (29%), Ducati (33%), BMW (40%), and Can-Am (42%) were the more trouble-prone brands.
    Interesting info. I am real surprised by the results. It suggests that 1 in 8 of us will have trouble within four years.

I question what constituted a failure. And maybe it should have been measured in miles vs years.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Interesting info. I am real surprised by the results. It suggests that 1 in 8 of us will have trouble within four years.

I question what constituted a failure. And maybe it should have been measured in miles vs years.

The failure rate included sport bikes which were higher than for cruisers. So the 12% would be lower for our bikes I think.

The failure rate included sport bikes which were higher than for cruisers. So the 12% would be lower for our bikes I think.
    I had all of my "failures" when the stealership's "service" department put their hands on it initially for the brake recall. I should be G.T.G. now... oh.. I had that radiator hose coolant leak as well shortly thereafter.. I fixed that myself.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Good point! Didn't think of that.
    Albuquerque, NM

Nice bike!
    Not for me though.
    As a previous BMW K1600GT and C650GT scooter owner,I won't be buying any more BMW's anytime soon.
    Reliability,build issues and poor dealer network and the wait for parts to come from Germany made me and my wife go back to Honda.
    I rode the new K1600B bagger this summer and I was not impressed.
    I'll stick to Honda,thanks.
    2015 F6B Deluxe. SOLD!!!!
    Atmosphere Blue Metallic " the fastest color"
    High and low beam LED headlights
    Show chrome rectangle LED fog lights.
    Garmin Zumo gps.
    RAM level cup holder.
    Big Bike Parts belly pan.
    Show Chrome 2 way speakers.
    Klock Werks 16" flare dark tint windshield.
    Ultimate King Seat.
    Honda rear backrest rack.
    Honda cowl mount voltage gauge.
    Honda 12 volt cubby outlet.
    Show Chrome rear LED brake/tail light black chrome fender trim with reflectors.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy1969 View Post
    Nice bike!
    Not for me though.
    As a previous BMW K1600GT and C650GT scooter owner,I won't be buying any more BMW's anytime soon.
    Reliability,build issues and poor dealer network and the wait for parts to come from Germany made me and my wife go back to Honda.
    I rode the new K1600B bagger this summer and I was not impressed.
    I'll stick to Honda,thanks.
    I was considering the R1200RT, before I got my F6B. Not many dealers in Wi. Plus, as has been stated, big $$$, for service and parts. Almost any decent sized town, has a Honda Dealer. Much nicer going on long rides, when you have Dealer support, if needed.