Finally adding fog lights; recommendations?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally adding fog lights; recommendations?

Finally adding fog lights; recommendations?

I just wondered if there is an accepted "best bang for the buck" installation out there.. Anybody have any really good, or bad experiences with any of the after market options? I'm leaning toward the Honda lights; are they worth the extra money? Do the aftermarket lights last? Want them just for the extra "be seen" aspect, as I don't actually drive much at night - or in fog!

Not to confuse the issue, but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Driving lights work better the higher you mount them. There are basically 3 locations on the B to mount them (in the cowl, under the headlights or under the mirrors). If you mount them in the cowl, the front wheel will block a good portion of the lights. The lower you mount them, the longer the shadows are cast and the least the over-the-hill illumination you have. Just something to consider in your decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Not to confuse the issue, but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Driving lights work better the higher you mount them. There are basically 3 locations on the B to mount them (in the cowl, under the headlights or under the mirrors). If you mount them in the cowl, the front wheel will block a good portion of the lights. The lower you mount them, the longer the shadows are cast and the least the over-the-hill illumination you have. Just something to consider in your decisions.
    Going to put them in the cowl. Fill those damn holes.

I have fog and driving lights. My fogs are Honda's in the stock mount. The driving lights (soon to be installed) are PIAA that are going into the top of the wheel well. You can also get mounts that mount under you turn signals from Wingstuff (http://wingstuff.com/products/36873-...?from_search=1)

I have the Honda lights. The only reason I got them was when I bought my 2013 in July of 14, Honda was giving $1000 to use towards accessories. They work fine. However, they are round lights that don't exactly fill the more rectangular opening in the cowl. If I were buying them now with my own money, I'd lean towards the lights offered by various vendors that fit the holes exactly. Like those from SoCal.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Honda LED OEM's in my 13 since June /14. No problems at all. Rectangular aftermarket look nice but weren't available at that time.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I am currently looking/considering the SoCal fog lights. Doing my research now but leaning towards them heavily.

Just a thought .....

If you go back through some of the old threads you can get some great info .....

I used the same as http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...ghlight=lights over 2 and a half years ago and they still work great.

For myself, $30 and a little bit of work sure beats several hundred.

Just my 2 cents worth.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Went with the Show Chrome LED's

Off Ebay, $179 delivered. Wanted the square ones, but not worth the extra hundred bucks. I hope the "plug and play" and "OEM quality switch" statements are true. Generally good reviews, so I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I just wondered if there is an accepted "best bang for the buck" installation out there.. Anybody have any really good, or bad experiences with any of the after market options? I'm leaning toward the Honda lights; are they worth the extra money? Do the aftermarket lights last? Want them just for the extra "be seen" aspect, as I don't actually drive much at night - or in fog!
    I haven't bought these yet but was planning on making them my winter project.

https://youtu.be/kwrF8BBiVGc
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!