New owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owner

Brought my B used, will lots of well done upgrades. One was HEILI bars, my first set, I love them & they're well worth the cost.
    It also came with a Ultimate seat which is a good seat. Having rode the Ultimate for 2500 miles & I have used Russell Day Long on 2 other bikes, I'm going to the RDL. In "my" opinion the RDL is worth every penny. Ride for hours on end, get off at the end of the day, no aches or pains. Corbin is like sitting on a board, been there, done that, never again. =
    Welcome to our forum ! Great bunch of folks that will help you in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    I have the same GPS unit. You can hook it up thru the F6B audio system by plugging the GPS's line out cable into the F6B's (optional) audio line in cable, which can be dealer installed into the left side storage box before you pick up the bike (if it's is not already there). Another option if your GPS cabling is damaged, is to buy an auto type serial power adaptor plug ($5.00) and Bluetooth adaptor ($10-20) for the power port in the same glove box and use the Bluetooth sound from the GPS. The Bluetooth gets to the F6B's sound system thru the same audio line in cable plugged into the new Bluetooth adaptor, plugged into the power port. I did not go the Bluetooth route because I've had lots of issues with Bluetooth connectivity between devices made by different companies on previous bikes (there's a thread about this issue in here somewhere).

The F6B audio system won't mix from different audio inputs / sources: (which are am/fm/weather radio, audio line in, serial line in the left saddle bag plug) This means you can't hear the radio and the GPS (or the GPS directions and the serial line in from the left saddle bag) at the same time.

The serial plug in the left saddle bag works best with a thumb drive. Some folks have their phones plugged in to this butf but not all phones work, and you can't use it as a phone while it is. I've got a 128 Gig microSD card/thumb drive back there. It holds about 15,000 uncompressed MP3 songs while the biggest microSD card the Garmin will recognize is 32 Gig. While the SD card in the Garmin will allow me to play tunes AND hear the directions thru the speakers or headset, it obviously doesn't hold nearly as much as the one in the saddlebag. I have a both a 32 Gig card in the Garmin (they are cheap) and a 128 Gig in the saddle bag (not so cheap) . Why both? Because sometimes I like to listen to stuff that is not on the 32 Gig drive in the Garmin.

The OEM Honda wired headsets sound are designed for voice, not so much music (not a lot of bass). I use them when my wife and I are riding, it will allow us to talk to each other and hear any one audio source (at the same time). If you use the Bluetooth adaptor in the glove box, you can also talk on a cell phone using the headsets. I don't know how well the phone works thru the Garmin using the headsets, but I know I can hear it thru the audio speakers using the Bluetooth adaptor if the phone is on the handlebars. My phone's micorphone can still hear me talking (even at 60mph or so). The wiring for a passenger headset can be installed under the rear seat (if not already there). It takes a couple of hours to install.

I bought my 2015 F6B Deluxe, in September, no miles, for a steal. I got the dealer to install the audio jack and a few other 3rd party items. But the service shop managed to disconnect the headlights while installing the audio jack. So beware the stealer, make sure you closely check the bike over before you leave the shop. I learned that the lights were not working when I drove thru a tunnel on Skyline Drive two days after I picked up the bike. The high beams worked, but I am sure the traffic coming towards me did not appreciate my high beams in a dark tunnel.

I've got 4,000 miles on it, so still I'm an amateur compared with the guys on this site. I'm sure I've missed something.
    Where did you mount the Garmin Zumo?

In my opinion a Zumo should be mounted as close as possible to your left hand. Zumos are set up for left hand control and you don't want to take your hand too far away from the bar. I can almost reach mine with my thumb. RAM has many types of mounts, many people use the one that goes onto the front of your switch housing bolts. I used a ball mount on a flat two hole base and made another flat metal piece with two holes in so I could pinch the square handle bar down lower on the bar and using RAM swivels get the unit exactly where I wanted it. I would think you could also use one of the many u type mounts even for a square bar.

To left handlebar next to switchgear. I used RamMount brand system. It's the best.
    Last edited by dadeo; 02-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.