New owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In my opinion a Zumo should be mounted as close as possible to your left hand. Zumos are set up for left hand control and you don't want to take your hand too far away from the bar. I can almost reach mine with my thumb. RAM has many types of mounts, many people use the one that goes onto the front of your switch housing bolts. I used a ball mount on a flat two hole base and made another flat metal piece with two holes in so I could pinch the square handle bar down lower on the bar and using RAM swivels get the unit exactly where I wanted it. I would think you could also use one of the many u type mounts even for a square bar.

To left handlebar next to switchgear. I used RamMount brand system. It's the best.
    Last edited by dadeo; 02-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Here is what I did.
    I have a Sena 20s headset a long with a Sena SM 10 that the headset jack goes to.
    My phone is bluetoothed to the SM 10 a long with with my headset.
    I have a XM radio in the left pocket plugged into the 3.5 plug and a thumb drive in the saddle bag.
    ,My wife and I can talk with Sena 20s headsets, we can each talk on our own phones thanks to the SM 10
    We can also listen to any music source on the bike.
    You can also plug your zumo into the SM 10 and you will hear directions or the music from it.

Brought my B used, will lots of well done upgrades. One was HEILI bars, my first set, I love them & they're well worth the cost.
    It also came with a Ultimate seat which is a good seat. Having rode the Ultimate for 2500 miles & I have used Russell Day Long on 2 other bikes, I'm going to the RDL. In "my" opinion the RDL is worth every penny. Ride for hours on end, get off at the end of the day, no aches or pains. Corbin is like sitting on a board, been there, done that, never again. =
    Welcome to our forum ! Great bunch of folks that will help you in every way possible.