Speaker upgrade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker upgrade

Speaker upgrade

Putting in new speakers with a tweeter built in. What do I do with the existing wires to the stock speakers. I'm sure I don't want or need the stock tweeters do I just tape up the wires.

http://tinypic.com/r/2z56rg6/9 http://tinypic.com/r/ojr1w9/9

Got the word from a stereo guy that the wire can be taped up and abandoned. If you clicked on the two links in original thread you will see a huge difference in the two speakers. The next question for me is will I have enough power to make these less efficient speakers sound loud enough without an amp?

Looks like I'm having a conversation by myself here but speakers installed and sound great. No modifications needed. Sound I believe is plenty loud and will be fine going down the hiway, will try it out when the roads dry out.

I was out plowing snow!!!!

Those are good speakers, and if they sound good to you I think you’re in business. Those are on my list for the future!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Thanks for the response, sorry about the snow but it is pretty. I had to change from heat to AC today. Of course the huge temp change brings rain most of the time and fog often if close to the water.

The speaker change is something I want to do as well.
    Thanks for the info on the tweeter wire as that was a question I needed answered.
    After your comments I'll be ordering.

The only thing I had to do was enlarge the mounting holes so the Honda bolts would pass thru. https://www.infinityspeakers.com/KAPPA+62.11I.html

Now the rain has stopped and I was able to do a road test. These speakers are a little bit louder than stock but where they shine is clarity. The bass and the highs are more pronounced. Took it up to 80 MPH and was still able to enjoy the music over the noise from around the Mastad. This is an inexpensive ($105) upgrade to the sound system and an easy to do swap. You also remove the stock tweeters so you now have some extra dash space if want to mount something else. I was thinking a gear indicator would fit perfectly in the tweeter corner. I might try and put the shift light there also if I can find enough depth, the light is long.

Are these weather proof?

If you do a search, there are a few threads about the Kappa's and the tweeter wires. I am running the Kappa's with an aftermarket amp.