Hello
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Yesterday I purchased a 2015 B. Best day of my life (at least since divorce). I rode 180 miles yesterday, most of it well over 80 mph. Magic carpet ride. Damn thing flies. I was riding a Yammie Stratoliner that I loved, but after 60,000 miles and getting older and preparing to tour the US next summer, I wanted the best, most comfortable ride available.

I have a few questions as a newbie:
    Can anyone recommend hiway pegs? I am 6'5". I have read about Ergo II and III; Mic-o-Peg. Leaning to the black Ergos.
    Also, Ultimate King seat or RDL? Ultimate is just up the road and I am tall....
    Helio bars?

Thanks in advance for all your help, and I am so excited about this scoot I can't wait to ride again. Jerry

Pegs and Seats

I too am 6 ft 5 inches tall. I have found that Ergo 3's and an Ultimate King seat is perfect for me. Also have the Baggershield adjustable windscreen as well. Lots
    of folks experiment on different seat windscreen combo's and I did as well, but found this combination perfect.

Kokomo Kevin

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats's on the new bike.
    The Ergo III's are the most adjustable and most popular.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    Yesterday I purchased a 2015 B. Best day of my life (at least since divorce). I rode 180 miles yesterday, most of it well over 80 mph. Magic carpet ride. Damn thing flies. I was riding a Yammie Stratoliner that I loved, but after 60,000 miles and getting older and preparing to tour the US next summer, I wanted the best, most comfortable ride available.

I have a few questions as a newbie:
    Can anyone recommend hiway pegs? I am 6'5". I have read about Ergo II and III; Mic-o-Peg. Leaning to the black Ergos.
    Also, Ultimate King seat or RDL? Ultimate is just up the road and I am tall....
    Helio bars?

Thanks in advance for all your help, and I am so excited about this scoot I can't wait to ride again. Jerry

I love my Mic o pegs. Considered the ergo III but haven’t been real happy in the past with any of the Kuryakan parts due to the low quality plating. Majority of the parts I put on my past wing had chrome flaking off within a year. They are cheaper, functionally fine and look pretty good until the new wears off. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I love my Mic o pegs. Considered the ergo III but haven't been real happy in the past with any of the Kuryakan parts due to the low quality plating. Majority of the parts I put on my past wing had chrome flaking off within a year. They are cheaper, functionally fine and look pretty good until the new wears off. Just my opinion though.
    I agree and why all my Kuryakyn parts(I don't use many) are either powder coated or painted before I even put them on. I think it is a toss up as to who has the worst chrome between Kuryakyn or Cobra imo.
    Oh and the ergo lll in black are the bomb for me and my 36" inseam.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

If you have a long inseam, Roadsmith makes a foot control relocation kit you might want to take a look at. It moves the pegs and foot controls forward 3" and down 1".

Congrats and enjoy your new scoot.

http://www.roadsmithtrikes.com/news/4192012/

Welcome aboard! I use the Rivco pegs - they're invisible. I had Mic O'Pegs on my GW. They worked OK but were really clunky.

Is anyone running those Roadsmith parts? It seems to me that 1" lower and the pegs would scrape pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Is anyone running those Roadsmith parts? It seems to me that 1" lower and the pegs would scrape pretty easy.
    I am not running the Roadsmith parts, but many of us are using the Kuryakyn mini-drop boards which are 3/4" lower.

Doing a quick search, both Navvet and adventurous1 have the Roadsmith comfort controls. There maybe others who have them as well.

If they don't chime in, maybe send them a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I am not running the Roadsmith parts, but many of us are using the Kuryakyn mini-drop boards which are 3/4" lower.

Doing a quick search, both Navvet and adventurous1 have the Roadsmith comfort controls. There maybe others who have them as well.

If they don't chime in, maybe send them a PM.

Love the Roadsmith's. Between them and ERGO II's this is the most comfortable bike I have ever had.

I am shrinking now with age but still 6'-6" with a 36"+ inseam. I use a stock seat with an AirHawk and the peg mods and can go all day long.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd