Rear reflectors

Thread: Rear reflectors

Rear reflectors

Have any of you gentlemen removed the saddlebag reflectors from your bike and/or replaced with them with LED's? Is there anything specific to the removal process besides heat and care? What's underneath, is it just paint or is there some sort of mounting plate or something?

Thanks for your time and I hope at least some of you are getting some riding in!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Have any of you gentlemen removed the saddlebag reflectors from your bike and/or replaced with them with LED's? Is there anything specific to the removal process besides heat and care? What's underneath, is it just paint or is there some sort of mounting plate or something?

Thanks for your time and I hope at least some of you are getting some riding in!

Jason
    I removed mine and there is nothing underneath.......just paint.....no mounting plate or anything. Double sided automotive tape is what holds them on.....heat gun and some fishing line removes them. Looks much cleaner and easier to wash and wax.

I then added reflective tape (red) below and under the saddle bag lid for effect. I think it's about 1/2 inch wide and comes in a roll at any automotive store....of course LED's would look cool too.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    I removed mine and there is nothing underneath.......just paint.....no mounting plate or anything. Double sided automotive tape is what holds them on.....heat gun and some fishing line removes them. Looks much cleaner and easier to wash and wax.

I then added reflective tape (red) below and under the saddle bag lid for effect. I think it's about 1/2 inch wide and comes in a roll at any automotive store....of course LED's would look cool too.

Hope that helps!
    Perfect! Thanks, Baca!!!

Jason