The "Scrape Club" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Scrape Club"

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Even when I was younger I never remember scraping the pegs/boards on any of my bikes...Now at almost 78 I don't even think about trying!!...Seems kinda foolish to me and really serves no purpose other than to land yourself and bike on the pavement...Ride safe
    I'm jealous and needing to up my skill evidently. After getting the Traxxion Full Monty I don't think I've scraped once and I've had her over hard a few times...I don't really want to scrape but would like to get my skills closer to those displayed.

These bikes run out of cornering clearance fast. They are really easy to scrape pegs. Good riding technique can reduce scraping. The suspension upgrades I did have improved things, but ride in the twisties hard enough and these bikes start grinding hard parts.

Hoping that when the time comes and I am ready to upgrade to a new Wing that the new ones have more clearance.

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    These bikes run out of cornering clearance fast. They are really easy to scrape pegs. Good riding technique can reduce scraping. The suspension upgrades I did have improved things, but ride in the twisties hard enough and these bikes start grinding hard parts.

Hoping that when the time comes and I am ready to upgrade to a new Wing that the new ones have more clearance.

They certainly do. That is the only thing I really dislike about the F6B. I can't ride it in the twisty's like I can ride other bikes (that I've had in the past). But I'm keeping it because there are so many more positives over other bikes (that I have had in the past).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    That is my FAVORITE tune when I am creeping along through a busy shopping center parking lot I turn it up...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Opas ride, you just need to kick your game up a bit.
    One of the local guys is 78 and riding a couple year old Aprillia.
    He's riding the new one because he crashed his last one. Yeah, crashed at 150 mph during a track day at age 74!
    My brother asked him about the hospital bills (Huge!!!) and he said the insurance covered it because track days were considered educational. When asked if it was educational, what had he learned he replied "Don't get off at 150!"
    So Opa there's hope yet.😄

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    Opas ride, you just need to kick your game up a bit.
    One of the local guys is 78 and riding a couple year old Aprillia.
    He's riding the new one because he crashed his last one. Yeah, crashed at 150 mph during a track day at age 74!
    My brother asked him about the hospital bills (Huge!!!) and he said the insurance covered it because track days were considered educational. When asked if it was educational, what had he learned he replied "Don't get off at 150!"
    So Opa there's hope yet.😄
    Very good.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

This guy was legend around here. People hired him to film them riding the Gap.I think he has the record for the most consecutive trips through Deals Gap ........

Was a legend? Did something happen to him or is there someone better?

He was NEVER the fastest ........ But on a Wing or any other big touring bike I would have to say YES !

http://motonetworks.com/legend-yello...man-deals-gap/