New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range. - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Can someone please educate me ....

How is electricity produced? Coal, Oil, CNG, Nuclear, Hydro power... etc etc etc

The fossil fuels are still being used to recharge these vehicles indirectly, are they not?

The need for additional Electric Charging Stations versus existing Gasoline Stations is only shifting the source of energy.

So now the CO2 carbon footprint is concentrated to Electricity producing plants and their neighborhoods?

What am I missing ?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

It is a scam. The sales pitch is something for nothing. A perpetual motion machine which doesn't exist. Hide the carbon footprints in 3rd world countries and behind closed doors.

Elon Musk pulled out of Trump's counsel when Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord. Musk did so because he knew it would impact his cash cow, forcing taxpayers to pay for the expensive slight of hand called green energy scams.

Green energy scams made Al Gore rich and he doesn't even use solar on his beach side mansion that will soon be underwater according to his melting icecap/rising sea level scare tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    It is a scam. The sales pitch is something for nothing. A perpetual motion machine which doesn't exist. Hide the carbon footprints in 3rd world countries and behind closed doors.

Elon Musk pulled out of Trump's counsel when Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord. Musk did so because he knew it would impact his cash cow, forcing taxpayers to pay for the expensive slight of hand called green energy scams.

Green energy scams made Al Gore rich and he doesn't even use solar on his beach side mansion that will soon be underwater according to his melting icecap/rising sea level scare tactics.

It is never very long in any discussion about the health of the planet when Al Gore is brought up. I have never seen the Al Gore documentaries, and I don't care too much about unwinding other people's scams or conspiracy theories. I get my information from peer reviewed research. I've gone into detail about the facts concerning climate at length on another thread here.

I welcome a real conversation about the data and the peer reviewed research. But I just can't bring myself to care too much about Al Gore.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    It is never very long in any discussion about the health of the planet when Al Gore is brought up. I have never seen the Al Gore documentaries, and I don't care too much about unwinding other people's scams or conspiracy theories. I get my information from peer reviewed research. I've gone into detail about the facts concerning climate at length on another thread here.

I welcome a real conversation about the data and the peer reviewed research. But I just can't bring myself to care too much about Al Gore.

Jason
    Failing to recognize Al Gore is analogous to being an ostrich with its head in the sand. Al Gore is the poster child of green energy. It is all about $$$ and hypocracy. Forcing money out of the masses is the way to get rich in green energy. Al Gore and Elon Musk are riding the same fraudulent gravy train. A viable product and technology will stand on its own with willing private investors. When you have to steal from the masses to create an illusion of success, that is fraud. You would think with all of his millions he scammed off of green energy, he could afford solar panels to at least give the illusion he believes in what he is hocking.

Failing to recognize Al Gore is analogous to being an ostrich with its head in the sand. Al Gore is the poster child of green energy. It is all about $$$ and hypocracy. Forcing money out of the masses is the way to get rich in green energy. Al Gore and Elon Musk are riding the same fraudulent gravy train. A viable product and technology will stand on its own. When you have to steal from the masses to create an illusion of success, that is fraud.
    Al Gore isn't a climate scientist. And failing to understand that you shouldn't get your climate information from a politician is a little like taking your flat six to be repaired by a new Harley rider.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Al Gore isn't a climate scientist. And failing to understand that you shouldn't get your climate information from a politician is a little like taking your flat six to be repaired by a new Harley rider.

Jason
    Nice deflection, but I never said he was a climate scientist. Neither is Bill Nye. I said he was a green energy/carbon footprint scam artist, huckster using the government to rob the taxpayers. Elon Musk is riding the same gravy train for the same reasons. Politicians use it to fund kickbacks. Globalists use it to control the flow of $$$ resources internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

How is electricity produced? Coal, Oil, CNG, Nuclear, Hydro power... etc etc etc

The fossil fuels are still being used to recharge these vehicles indirectly, are they not?

The need for additional Electric Charging Stations versus existing Gasoline Stations is only shifting the source of energy.

So now the CO2 carbon footprint is concentrated to Electricity producing plants and their neighborhoods?

What am I missing ?

Exactly. A scam. Just like all those wind farms you see. The requirements to manufacture and install these wind mills requires energy that these wind mills will never even come close to recouping over their life span. It just makes certain people "feel" good.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post

Exactly. A scam. Just like all those wind farms you see. The requirements to manufacture and install these wind mills requires energy that these wind mills will never even come close to recouping over their life span. It just makes certain people "feel" good.
    I find it naive/hypocritical that "greenies" promote wind energy on one hand while screaming about killing endangered species on the other, but never make the connection that wind farms are giant puree machines slaughtering birds by the thousands including endangered species. Most people would be fined and/or imprisoned for killing those endangered birds but wind farms get a pass and the greenies look the other way.

Nice deflection, but I never said he was a climate scientist. Neither is Bill Nye. I said he was a green energy/carbon footprint scam artist, huckster using the government to rob the taxpayers. Elon Musk is riding the same gravy train for the same reasons. Politicians use it to fund kickbacks. Globalists use it to control the flow of $$$ resources internationally.

LOL. So you think trying to steer a conversation about about climate science away from a politician and back toward an actual climate scientist is a deflection?

That is flatly backwards, ths61. And who said anything about Bill Nye? Also NOT a climate scientist. Talk about a deflection.

Do you have any debate about an actual climate scientist, peer reviewed and published in the field of climate science? Because to my mind, that would be much more relevant than trying to rely on a straw man like a politician or a children's entertainer.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

What am I missing ?
    That Musk already announced Supercharger stations will be converted to Solar, Phantom.

Jason