Damn it’s tall!!

Thread: Damn it’s tall!!

Damn it’s tall!!

Let me start by saying I’m a short dude (5’5). I had 2013 F6b that was totaled. Moved onto HD street glide special cuz that was the only touring bike with 26 inch tall seat height with after market reverse available. I’ve had HD for 1.5 yrs and put on 24,000 miles already

A year ago I had sent an email to Honda USA telling them that I love F6b but going away from the brand due to lack of reverse on a 800+ lb bike. They responded back saying they understand my concern. I’m excited to see that have a reverse option now. And it’s fu**ing 1inch more taller than 2013 F6b. SOB. This kind of sux for me. Even at 26 inch seat height my HD is still lil taller. My ideal seat height wud be 25 inch. I’m still riding on my original HD seat. Lol. Would luv to have a comfortable plush seat but they all raise me up by 1 or more inches. I’ve had 3 cross country trips on HD with factory seat. It’s comfortable but not ultimate seat comfortable. Hope u understand what I mean.

There is no way I can drop down 2018 f6b to 26 inch seat height. It just changes the riding dynamics.

I bet russel day long could help in getting the seat down some. At least give them a call, ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Let me start by saying I’m a short dude (5’5). I had 2013 F6b that was totaled. Moved onto HD street glide special cuz that was the only touring bike with 26 inch tall seat height with after market reverse available. I’ve had HD for 1.5 yrs and put on 24,000 miles already

A year ago I had sent an email to Honda USA telling them that I love F6b but going away from the brand due to lack of reverse on a 800+ lb bike. They responded back saying they understand my concern. I’m excited to see that have a reverse option now. And it’s fu**ing 1inch more taller than 2013 F6b. SOB. This kind of sux for me. Even at 26 inch seat height my HD is still lil taller. My ideal seat height wud be 25 inch. I’m still riding on my original HD seat. Lol. Would luv to have a comfortable plush seat but they all raise me up by 1 or more inches. I’ve had 3 cross country trips on HD with factory seat. It’s comfortable but not ultimate seat comfortable. Hope u understand what I mean.

There is no way I can drop down 2018 f6b to 26 inch seat height. It just changes the riding dynamics.
    Two things I have for you.1 There is a company that sells a piece that is bolt on that changes
    the tail section of the frame of your Harley that sets you down in the frame and not on it.
    2 If you do want a Wing you can go to Lowerwing.com and get their ,lowering piece
    for the rear.It will cut down some on cornering, put no more than the Street glide that I had .
    Also a different seat for wing.
    So there is always a way to get what you want if you have the cash.

Wantone, what is your inseam.

The new 2018 has a much narrower profile around the fairing and seat area which you may find makes it much easier to get your feet down at stops..I would wait and sit on one as soon as you can and see how it feels...I am short myself and find the Mustang seat works great for my 2013 although it is a little wide at the front...I had a couple Victory's with higher seats, but they were much narrower in the area next to the tank and fit me great!!....Ride safe

If you are going to stay with your Street Glide and need a little lower seat height you may want to consider the Mustang Low.
    It lowers you by about an inch. I have had one on our Harley Ultra Classic, (same seat as the Street Glide) for two seasons now and really like it.

Couple pictures below shown on our own bike.
    Rick

[IMG][/IMG]

Agree with you on the 2018. Higher seat and less fuel! Don't know who was in on the GW focus group but they should be shot! Instead of making it better, they made t worse. I don't plan on buying a new machine for quite awhile but the GW will be off my list.