Caller ID Module?

Thread: Caller ID Module?

Caller ID Module?

Hey guys, wandering if there is anything out there that will act as a caller id for an iPhone for the bike. I know I can just set the phone on a ram mount, but my thinking is, if I go down and can't reach my phone it's not much good to me. Thinking I would rather keep it on my person, and since I use a Cardo Packtalk in my full face, it would be nice to still be able to see who's calling in while the phone is in my pocket. Anyone know of anything specifically that gets used on GLs? Thinking something really slim to mount up under dash or something. Thanks for any input!

I don't know what version iPhone you have but iOS 10 should have an 'Announce Calls' option under phone settings. Not sure if that option will function through the Cardo but it might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    I don't know what version iPhone you have but iOS 10 should have an 'Announce Calls' option under phone settings. Not sure if that option will function through the Cardo but it might be worth a try.
    It does, and sometimes it works, sometimes it just reads the number even though they are in my phonebook. Was hoping it would show me the callers name all the time. Not a big deal at all, I rarely answer the phone, especially when driving, but at this point, I hardly remember anyone's number these days. Thanks for the headsup though

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzard13 View Post
    Hey guys, wandering if there is anything out there that will act as a caller id for an iPhone for the bike. I know I can just set the phone on a ram mount, but my thinking is, if I go down and can't reach my phone it's not much good to me. Thinking I would rather keep it on my person, and since I use a Cardo Packtalk in my full face, it would be nice to still be able to see who's calling in while the phone is in my pocket. Anyone know of anything specifically that gets used on GLs? Thinking something really slim to mount up under dash or something. Thanks for any input!
    Some GPS units have Bluetooth that will work as a caller ID.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Some GPS units have Bluetooth that will work as a caller ID.
    Ah, that gives me a good idea, thanks for that!

Yes, I have the same issue, don't know who's calling unless I can see my IPhone. So have opted for a handlebar mount at the moment with it.

Nothing worse like answering a blind call.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yes, I have the same issue, don't know who's calling unless I can see my IPhone. So have opted for a handlebar mount at the moment with it.

Nothing worse like answering a blind call.
    EXACTLY! Even though I am on the no call list, I still get a lot of BS that makes it through. Would be nice to see whos calling before I answer.