Advice for my wish list - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for my wish list

RIVCO Pegs

I am barely 6' and traded on this forum for some RIVCO pegs this past year. For me the slight difference in the mounting location on each side made enough difference that one is comfortable and one is a reach. The fairing digs into my leg on the one that is hardest to reach.

Also look up some of the damage to the valve covers when the B is dropped while the RIVCO peg is open. If I had to do it over again, I would probably get something else.

I too have been the whole route on pegs. On my Goldwing I had Mic O'Pegs - well built, but real clunky.They often needed adjustment since they were built on the crash bars not in them. Finally went with the Rivco and they do OK. I have 5000 miles on them now and am used to them. As mentioned they can be a little off center but I move my butt around when I'm on the road anyhow. They have a neat appearance and work well otherwise.

My main complaint with the Rivcos is that they stick straight out, whereas your legs are angling out
    Eventually I want to see if I can put stops in to angle them back.

Pegs

I have the ergo 3 and love them. They look great and are adjustable. Mine have the shim in to keep them in place because when they drop down it was a reach for me. They aren't the first to drag. I have never touch them to the pavement. I also have the kury riser shims. That helped but me being short I need a little more. Heli bars are first on my list now.

Klockworks

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    1 Heli bars: I was thinking I could pull the bars back to relax the reach;
    2 Ultimate seat (King): I know the RDL is much loved, but Ultimate is a 4 hour ride up 95 here in FL. The King moves me back an inch or two.
    3 Ridesmith? or Kury mini boards?
    4 Kury Ergo III or Rivco?
    5 I have a Bagger shield, but think I need a bit taller for a long ride. Maybe Klock 16"?
    6 A really hot chick to sit behind me and .....

I'm 6'2"
    You can get pull back for a lot less $ with risers and it helped my feel. Not that the Heli Bars are not a fine addition but changing grip angle and firming up control is foremost I think.
    I tried the Ultimate and did not notice much improvement over stock which I have come to like (don't think you will realize two more inches of room, the King eliminates the angle/slope of the stock seat which I sit on anyway so the rearward part is about the same.) . If alone I can move my rear to the back seat to stretch out a bit for a rest and change of leg position.
    The pegs I have also decided I like, for sure do not want reduced cornering/lean ability. Installed the pucks to protect from wear.
    Have the Ergos and they are OK. Have not tried others but any change in leg position is a good thing
    I wish you were closer to me you could try out the Klock Works I have in my spare/junk pile. Mastad for me.
    What size do you have?

Klockworks

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    1 Heli bars: I was thinking I could pull the bars back to relax the reach;
    2 Ultimate seat (King): I know the RDL is much loved, but Ultimate is a 4 hour ride up 95 here in FL. The King moves me back an inch or two.
    3 Ridesmith? or Kury mini boards?
    4 Kury Ergo III or Rivco?
    5 I have a Bagger shield, but think I need a bit taller for a long ride. Maybe Klock 16"?
    6 A really hot chick to sit behind me and .....

I'm 6'2"
    You can get pull back for a lot less $ with risers and it helped my feel. Not that the Heli Bars are not a fine addition but changing grip angle and firming up control is foremost I think.
    I tried the Ultimate and did not notice much improvement over stock which I have come to like (don't think you will realize two more inches of room, the King eliminates the angle/slope of the stock seat which I sit on anyway so the rearward part is about the same.) . If alone I can move my rear to the back seat to stretch out a bit for a rest and change of leg position.
    The pegs I have also decided I like, for sure do not want reduced cornering/lean ability. Installed the pucks to protect from wear.
    Have the Ergos and they are OK. Have not tried others but any change in leg position is a good thing
    I wish you were closer to me you could try out the Klock Works I have in my spare/junk pile. Mastad for me.
    What size do you klockworks do you have?

TPMS is a luxury. The B requires you to do a burpee to check the rear. Great for the health conscious but I try to avoid much time with my knees on the concrete.
    Bluetooth is all the rage but I prefer a hard-wired system that doesn't rely on a phone.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/rrr-tool-...5mm-valve-stem
    This is the upgrade to the original, there were some lessons learned that were fixed in V2. I've used Orange on the B and my previous ST1300 with no issues at all.
    V2 has battery monitoring and lots of other useful functions. Also nice that replacement sensors are easily available now.

Considering your humid location a beaded seat cover might be nice. I can ride all day on mine with no sweat issues.

Thoughts on seat

JerryC, I am a big guy(no butt left) with 2 spine surgeries. That lead me to the F6B and to the decision to buy the best seat I have ever owned. A Hartco. Those folks are in Florida and will custom make the seat to fit your needs. Well worth a call.Talk with Mark. Good luck. You will absolutely love the B. F6Broy

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    What size do you klockworks do you have?
    Not sure of the size, was drilled so to be lowered one inch so maybe 16 and 15 now. Original Owner put it on. It was not a good shield at all. Buffeting was terrible on the lowest setting and not much better up an inch, not worth boxing up to sell. Maybe someday I will cut the bottom off and bolt it onto the stock shield and make my own two piece shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    My main complaint with the Rivcos is that they stick straight out, whereas your legs are angling out
    Eventually I want to see if I can put stops in to angle them back.
    +1 on that. It feels like my feet will slip off at any moment. Not good!

I don't think the guys at Rivco actually ever ride and use their own products. They can't tell that the pegs are offset either.
    Albuquerque, NM