Indian - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indian

Indian just released a 116" factory kit with stg 3 cams.

Mike

So are they going to follow Harley into oblivion?
    Selling bikes with so much HP left on the table?
    Now you have to go back and buy the parts that should have come with the bike?
    That is very devious to me and strictly a market ploy.

I don't know. This motor has me scratching my head. It makes more hp & tq than a stock HD, but the M8 closes that gap. Where HD shines, let her breathe, add a cam, & she really comes to life. This motor doesn't react the same. Tq goes up, but hp doesn't jump like a HD. Not sure, but it might be the intake runners, they're massive & short.

There's a kit out with headwork, cams, 117" etc, that runs about 110hp & 130tq. I can install a set of cams That do that by themselves! The only thing I've seen that increases hp numbers is boost. That tells me the heads flow, as long as they have the air. They just don't have the velocity by themselves.

I see absolutely NO reason to go big bore on this bike. I might do cams, but I'm thoroughly pleased with intake, slipons, & a good tune. It don't take long to get up to cruising speed, that's for sure!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    I don't know. This motor has me scratching my head. It makes more hp & tq than a stock HD, but the M8 closes that gap. Where HD shines, let her breathe, add a cam, & she really comes to life. This motor doesn't react the same. Tq goes up, but hp doesn't jump like a HD. Not sure, but it might be the intake runners, they're massive & short.

There's a kit out with headwork, cams, 117" etc, that runs about 110hp & 130tq. I can install a set of cams That do that by themselves! The only thing I've seen that increases hp numbers is boost. That tells me the heads flow, as long as they have the air. They just don't have the velocity by themselves.

I see absolutely NO reason to go big bore on this bike. I might do cams, but I'm thoroughly pleased with intake, slipons, & a good tune. It don't take long to get up to cruising speed, that's for sure!

Mike
    Her you go. Fits on their 121 big jug kit as well.

indian-supercharger-kit

Yep, Lloyds & someone else posted liked 150hp, 130tq. Too much for me, but wouldn't turn down a chance to wick the throttle on one tho!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Yep, Lloyds & someone else posted liked 150hp, 130tq. Too much for me, but wouldn't turn down a chance to wick the throttle on one tho!
    Mike
    Loydz's website said it could be bolted on in 2 hours. Would be fun but probably not very practical.

Not practical at all, but still a hoot if a guy & bottomless bucket of $!

Mike

Nothing wrong with a turbo if set up right.
    Read that at least twice.
    Per bike platform, they look ugly as there is nowhere to hide the stuff.
    Next, and the big one, if it can be bolted on in an hour or two, that the cheapest HP per dollar One will ever get!
    5 to 6 grand is cheap money compared to what it takes to get real HP.
    For under six Grand, that should bring out a minimum of 30 HP and Torq. Probaly a lot more.
    It does not get any better than that.
    The dwn side to this-
    This shows that Indian like Harley is making super low compression models so as to sell more stuff later.
    Thats bad- because they left all the HP at the factory on table.
    Thats good- cause a turbo will bypass them and all the hype for less money and better results.
    I would take a turbo in a heartbeat over Boring/stroking, head work, cams, etc, etc.
    For one- the engine only makes power when you ask it.
    Two- it does not have static High Comp.

Bolting a turbo on an antiquated V twin is like putting lipstick on a pig.

It is whatever anyone wants.
    I agree they ( V Twin) are antiquated and archaic,
    Dont tell these people about Lipstick and pigs.

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/113orca.htm