New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range. - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    LOL. So you think trying to steer a conversation about about climate science away from a politician and back toward an actual climate scientist is a deflection?

That is flatly backwards, ths61. And who said anything about Bill Nye? Also NOT a climate scientist. Talk about a deflection.

Do you have any debate about an actual climate scientist, peer reviewed and published in the field of climate science? Because to my mind, that would be much more relevant than trying to rely on a straw man like a politician or a children's entertainer.

Jason
    Al Gore and Bill Nye are the chief climate poster boys leading the public media on green energy. You admit they are charlatans but yet they use the very same biased pay-for-pre-determined-result studies you reference. A little hint, when you get paid to reach a biased per-determined conclusion, guess what conclusion you present ? Answer: The one that keeps the $$$ flowing.

Those studies are rife with exclusion of data and studies that does not fit the narrative, locating thermal sensors in cement jungles, tweaking the data, etc., all which yield a pre-determined conclusion. The studies are also too short within the history of the earth to have any statistical relevance.

Also, you have yet to respond all of the all the fraud or to Phantom's factual post that fossil fuels are charging the batteries, facilitating the mining, processing, production, maintenance and support network of electric cars. It is all a slight of hand for the myopic feel-goods to believe in.

I am all for real viable clean energy. Just haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Al Gore and Bill Nye are the chief climate poster boys leading the public media on green energy. You admit they are charlatans but yet they use the very same biased pay-for-pre-determined-result studies you reference. A little hint, when you get paid to reach a biased per-determined conclusion, guess what conclusion you present ? Answer: The one that keeps the $$$ flowing.

Those studies are rife with exclusion of data and studies that does not fit the narrative, locating thermal sensors in cement jungles, tweaking the data, etc., all which yield a pre-determined conclusion. The studies are also too short within the history of the earth to have any statistical relevance.

Also, you have yet to respond all of the all the fraud or to Phantom's factual post that fossil fuels are charging the batteries, facilitating the mining, processing, production, maintenance and support network of electric cars. It is all a slight of hand for the myopic feel-goods to believe in.

I am all for real viable clean energy. Just haven't seen it yet.
    I don't say they are charlatans, Ths61. I say I don't know, and I honestly don't care to know, because I prefer reading actual research. As to "the studies I reference", how would you know? I haven't referenced any studies because you're too busy talking about Al Gore to have an actual conversation. And you missed the response to Phantom. All Supercharger stations will be converted to solar.

Jason

I don't say they are charlatans, Ths61. I say I don't know, and I honestly don't care to know, because I prefer reading actual research. As to "the studies I reference", how would you know? I haven't referenced any studies because you're too busy talking about Al Gore to have an actual conversation. And you missed the response to Phantom. All Supercharger stations will be converted to solar.
    You made sure to point out they are not climate scientists even though they are the biggest voices in the MSM.

You have referenced studies in your previous threads and numerous studies touted by the climate talking heads have been outright debunked as I already alluded to. Name one study that was not externally funded ?

...Also, you have yet to respond all of the all the fraud or to Phantom's factual post that fossil fuels are charging the batteries, facilitating the mining, processing, production, maintenance and support network of electric cars. ...
    You parroted something Elon Musk said about charging stations, you did not respond to the fraud or to the mining, processing, production, maintenance and support of the network of electric cars all being done by fossil fuels. I have yet to see a solar powered strip mine, solar powered earth movers, etc. You are only picking and choosing small parts, not the complete process that makes up the actual carbon dioxide footprint.

I am going to bow-out of this discussion about Tesla and wait and see...But IMHO Elton Musk may be smart in many regards, but he still is a "BS" artist like most politicians and will disappear with the dust when $Billions of dollars in taxpayer money goes South...Not faulting the man with his vision, but wonder how much government money Henry Ford and the Dodge brothers got to start up??..Regards and ride safe

You made sure to point out they are not climate scientists even though they are the biggest voices in the MSM.

You have referenced studies in your previous threads and numerous studies touted by the climate talking heads have been outright debunked as I already alluded to. Name one study that was not externally funded ?

You parroted something Elon Musk said about charging stations, you did not respond to the mining, processing, production, maintenance and support of the network of electric cars all being done by fossil fuels. I have yet to see a solar powered strip mine, solar powered earth movers, etc. You are only picking and choosing small parts, not the complete process.
    Once again with these talking heads. I really don't get why smart people give a shit about what talking heads say. What an utter and complete waste of time.

The body of scientific research on this topic is vast, and if you're implying that the thousands and thousands of papers that have been written are all biased to the point that they are useless, then you are either stupid, which I know you are NOT, lazy in this area, which is possible, too busy to read the actual research, which is possible, or too biased by your own narrative to think objectively about it.

I think the last possibility concerning your bias is the most influential because the conversation hasn't even started, yet. We're not talking about CO2 and it's relationship to water vapor or adaptive mechanisms for greenhouse gases in general. We're being sidetracked by a narrative and that seems like bias.

In terms of the supply chain, I remember reading some comparative studies and the emissions numbers being dramatically lower for electric, but I'll have to find them again. But in terms of common sense, isn't it reasonable that if a Semi which can haul an 80,000 pound load and be charged by a solar charging station, that all Earth movers, etc., also can?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am going to bow-out of this discussion about Tesla and wait and see...But IMHO Elton Musk may be smart in many regards, but he still is a "BS" artist like most politicians and will disappear with the dust when $Billions of dollars in taxpayer money goes South...Not faulting the man with his vision, but wonder how much government money Henry Ford and the Dodge brothers got to start up??..Regards and ride safe

I can respect that, Opus. I hope time doesn't prove you right considering the stakes in all regards, but I definitely see your point (s).

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Can someone please educate me ....

How is electricity produced? Coal, Oil, CNG, Nuclear, Hydro power... etc etc etc

The fossil fuels are still being used to recharge these vehicles indirectly, are they not?

The need for additional Electric Charging Stations versus existing Gasoline Stations is only shifting the source of energy.

So now the CO2 carbon footprint is concentrated to Electricity producing plants and their neighborhoods?

What am I missing ?
    +1 You got it right! Love my "Dino" powered F6

Once again with these talking heads. I really don't get why smart people give a shit about what talking heads say. What an utter and complete waste of time.

The body of scientific research on this topic is vast, and if you're implying that the thousands and thousands of papers that have been written are all biased to the point that they are useless, then you are either stupid, which I know you are NOT, lazy in this area, which is possible, too busy to read the actual research, which is possible, or too biased by your own narrative to think objectively about it.

I think the last possibility concerning your bias is the most influential because the conversation hasn't even started, yet. We're not talking about CO2 and it's relationship to water vapor or adaptive mechanisms for greenhouse gases in general. We're being sidetracked by a narrative and that seems like bias.

In terms of the supply chain, I remember reading some comparative studies and the emissions numbers being dramatically lower for electric, but I'll have to find them again. But in terms of common sense, isn't it reasonable that if a Semi which can haul an 80,000 pound load and be charged by a solar charging station, that all Earth movers, etc., also can?

Jason
    The electric semi is currently vaporware (same as the solar charging stations). We can re-evaluate it when it is actually something tangible and actually hauls 80,000 pound loads on a daily basis and has the lifespan and range of a diesel engine.

As for earth movers, they move much more weight than semi-trailers do. Some up to 450 tons (900,000 pounds), on fossil fuels, not solar vaporware power. The point remains, electric vehicles are reliant on fossil fuels.

Still waiting on that one study that wasn't externally funded or based on externally funded studies.

Funny stuff (actually very sad) you can't make up:

• Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 for Glow-Bull-Warning (so much ice in Antarctica that ships are getting stranded).
    • BHO won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 for closing GITMO (which is still open).

I guess they are both internationally recognized for their award wining "achievements".

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    That Musk already announced Supercharger stations will be converted to Solar, Phantom.

Jason
    Jason, years ago it was determined that the amount of pollution created to fabricate a Toyota Prius was greater then the pollution created to fabricate a Hummer. At the end the technology did not reduce the CO2 footprint. The Prius has 2 engines (one gas, one electric) a gas tank and a battery system, twice the electrical wiring and copper, more fossil fuel plastic to reduce weight etc etc etc. The pollution created by manufacturing 2 systems under one hood is much greater than producing one system under the hood. Lastly where do you think Nickel and Lithium comes from ?????? They are Electric Fossil fuel sources dug from our own Earth.

Solar panels are created with very toxic chemicals and Silica (a Earth based material that requires a lot of CO2 producing energy to melt it), China has one of the largest Solar Panel industries in the world, I am willing to bet that these residual toxic chemicals are flowing down a Chinese river and into our oceans. Did you not see the Olympics in China ... the air pollution was unbelievable and that was after they had shut down 1/2 of their factories during the Olympics. CHINA doesn't care about CO2 footprints.

Some reading material about the pollution created to manufacture a Toyota Prius versus a Hummer ....

https://axleaddict.com/cars/Prius

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.