Ordered one of these tonight - my Xmas present to me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordered one of these tonight - my Xmas present to me

Ordered one of these tonight - my Xmas present to me

http://shop.elliptigo.com/ElliptiGO-...SABEgLXU_D_BwE

They only go on sale once a year (Black Friday) and I have been patiently waiting. Great for cardio and since my back is all 'effed up these machines are better for me than pounding the pavement (running). I've test ridden them before and they really fit/match my physical limitations very well

I have a Street Strider (below) but it is difficult to use on some of the bike trail hills around here. It's a very awesome workout but... I most likely will be selling this shortly after I receive my Elliptigo.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    http://shop.elliptigo.com/ElliptiGO-...SABEgLXU_D_BwE

They only go on sale once a year (Black Friday) and I have been patiently waiting. Great for cardio and since my back is all 'effed up these machines are better for me than pounding the pavement (running). I've test ridden them before and they really fit/match my physical limitations very well

I have a Street Strider (below) but it is difficult to use on some of the bike trail hills around here. It's a very awesome workout but... I most likely will be selling this shortly after I receive my Elliptigo.

You are definitely a man that thinks in different ways .
    I have to say that is different .

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    You are definitely a man that thinks in different ways .
    I have to say that is different .
    True dat

Definitely a purpose and need for these contraptions though. I cant ride a regular bike due to my lower back unable to tolerate the hunched over positioning, as well as my hands always going numb. I found the Street Strider to give me an excellent cardio workout; i normally take it around the BWI airport bike trail (10 miles) however some of the hills are just too much for me and it. It does have a 8 speed rear gear hub but I end up having to push it up some of the hills...

The Elliptigo is better suited for the type of bike trail riding that I do... it's faster and narrower so it's easier to maneuver with oncoming cyclist traffic. My Street Strider can be challenging at times with sharing the trail with others... the BWI rail gets pretty busy sometimes and I like to slew it back and forth as I'm getting winded... which takes up a lot of parrallel space on the trails.

Here's two comparison video's

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Maybe you can take a look and see if we can figure out a way
    to use that 8 speed rear on our f6bs.

I like it !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

I ordered one a few months back, but I opted for the deluxe model with heated grips, center stand, and cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I ordered one a few months back, but I opted for the deluxe model with heated grips, center stand, and cruise control.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

That's a beauty will do they make them for men? If you get the clingy biker shorts then we will need to do a 2018 mens calendar "The F6B Hunks" featuring BIGLRY, Phantom and Steve in Speedos, Shortleg, me and Walcrow in mankinis and anybody else to round out the year, I think it'll give the "FDNY Hunks" a run for their money.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That's a beauty will do they make them for men? If you get the clingy biker shorts then we will need to do a 2018 mens calendar "The F6B Hunks" featuring BIGLRY, Phantom and Steve in Speedos, Shortleg, me and Walcrow in mankinis and anybody else to round out the year, I think it'll give the "FDNY Hunks" a run for their money.

We can plan a Photo shoot at the upcoming Rally's next year. Wouldn't that be a gas?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.