Ordered one of these tonight - my Xmas present to me - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered one of these tonight - my Xmas present to me

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    like eating dry turkey... it's a welcome relief when someone slops some gravy over it.
    Some funny shit right there. I see the ElliptiGo has stationary handle bars which has to make it easier on the back. I looked at the video on the website and it showed shots of Manhattan but I can honestly say I don't think I've seen one here yet. Plus, the best part is you stand up as I knew a guy, very serious into biking, removed his seat for obvious reasons.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Some funny shit right there. I see the ElliptiGo has stationary handle bars which has to make it easier on the back. I looked at the video on the website and it showed shots of Manhattan but I can honestly say I don't think I've seen one here yet. Plus, the best part is you stand up as I knew a guy, very serious into biking, removed his seat for obvious reasons.
    Yea, I have never been able to find a comfortable bicycle seat for training. I have tried several seats but always get numbness and pain... some say that you just have to tough it out and you'll eventually get used to it. I don't see how...

One nice aspect of the Street Strider and the ElliptiGO; is that you stand up and are more elevated which makes it easier for traffic to see you; and it is quite titillating to go swooping down a hill at speed while standing straight up and elevated like that. A nice adrenaline rush. Makes me feel like a kid again.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yea, I have never been able to find a comfortable bicycle seat for training. I have tried several seats but always get numbness and pain... some say that you just have to tough it out and you'll eventually get used to it. I don't see how...

One nice aspect of the Street Strider and the ElliptiGO; is that you stand up and are more elevated which makes it easier for traffic to see you; and it is quite titillating to go swooping down a hill at speed while standing straight up and elevated like that. A nice adrenaline rush. Makes me feel like a kid again.
    This guy's philosophy for the seat removal was that sitting in those narrow seats decreases the flow of lymph fluid to the lymph nodes in the groin area and possibly, I guess, increasing the chance for cancer in that area. Whether that was true or not I don't know. It's true standing you are more visible but as you know, being on the "B", thats only if those shitheads in their cars actually look up from their phones while they're driving so be careful out there and mount your cam on a helmet if you can as that should be some great footage.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

You've got me interested in these now Will. Found one on CraigsList near me, an 8C, they're asking $1,300...

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    You've got me interested in these now Will. Found one on CraigsList near me, an 8C, they're asking $1,300...
    Git it. These things will improve your life.

I just got done several hours ago with my circuit around BWI with my Street Strider. Posted the data gleaned from my Polar Fitness watch. There's no Sports Profile with Polar for the Street Strider that I have; I had to choose the closest activity and I burnt a hell of a lot more calories today than what it's reporting. I know I burned almost up to 1,000 calories on this thing this afternoon... or maybe more.

You can see in the bottom of the two graphs below; the changes in elevation around BWI. Seriously kicks my ass every time I take the yellow torture machine out there but it's such a euphoric finish when I am done

I think tomorrow I am going to try the cycling profile with my fitness watch and see if that more closely reports what I am burning in calories. The Street Strider burns much more in calories than regular cycling... I want to see if I can find a Polar sports profile that is more comparable to what I am doing.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537