Which pipes for my F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which pipes for my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Is there a sound clip of this decel popping? cueman

Taxfree has it in his thread after install already. you can see &hear it there.

https://youtu.be/Fh_26t7W8yA

Stock. I try not to annoy people until after I've gotten off the bike.

Freedom Performance with quiet baffles sound really good.
    http://wingstuff.com/shop/freedom_pe...ce_exhaust-f6b

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Taxfree has it in his thread after install already. you can see &hear it there.

https://youtu.be/Fh_26t7W8yA
    Thanks Lucky, I checked out a few of Taxfree's videos and like what I hear. cueman

Torque Loops w/ TBR Exhaust Perfect Combo!

Just finished installing Two Brothers slip-on exhaust coupled with a set of Torue Loops and could not be happier with the results. I tried the TBR exhaust without the Torque Loops and the drone was terrible between 2,000 and 3500 rpms. The exhaust sounded great when firing up the bike, and while blipping the throttle. However, when at cruising speed the drone was the worst I have ever experienced. While researching options to address this problem I came across Torque Loops. I decided to give it a try as I did not want to go back to the stock set up. That was the beat decision I could have made. The combination works beautifully together. Under heavy acceleration the F6B sounds like no other bike I have heard. I took it by my local motorcycle shop and the manager was blown away, he started calling everyone down to check it out. No one at the shop was familiar with the product and everyone was blown away by the symphony bellowing from the carbon fiber exhaust tips. On the highway the bike is as quiet as the stock set up, but as you roll on the throttle it is a completely different animal. There is a noticeable increase in torque and the bike acceleration feels much smoother. Completely extinguished the first gear stumbling I had grown used to. I am sharing this information as I have seen a number of people asking questions and searching for a proven exhaust set up. I am shocked with the performance gains the Torque Loops provided. And as an added bonus, Torque Loops took every decibel of drone away that was created after installing the TBR slip-on’s. I am confident that this is by far the best combination available at this time.

to Smokey's post. The combo of the TBR's and the Torq Loopz is perfect for me. NO DRONE, just the right blend of growl and guts but the neighbors still sleep if I leave at 4am.

Did you guys lose engine braking after installing the torque loops and the TBR's?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Did you guys lose engine braking after installing the torque loops and the TBR's?
    Will............

With that set-up, you never want to apply the brakes! .........I have seen no engine braking issues at all. Get a hacksaw, cut those cats off, and blast off. I would recommend that anyone should take off the plastic shroud covering the headers and check "their nuts", whether you add Torq Loopz or not. When I did mine, 4 of the 12 were loose to the point that one easy turn and I could take them off by hand. Obviously not torqued well at the factory. Taxfree4 found the same issue.

If you are getting "Jake brake" effect, your pipes are too dam small.
    You are using extra power just to turn the engine over "Parasitic drag."
    All engines use power just to run, but you do not want use any more than necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    If you are getting "Jake brake" effect, your pipes are too dam small.
    You are using extra power just to turn the engine over "Parasitic drag."
    All engines use power just to run, but you do not want use any more than necessary.
    I was referring to felt back pressure during decel... not quite the "jake brake" effect... there is a little of it sensed with the stock OEM pipes... was curious about the free-er flowing Torque Loops and TBR's...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537