Star Venture Transcontinental Sit Test

Thread: Star Venture Transcontinental Sit Test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think the Yamaha is a good looking machine.. Yamaha makes great motorcycles, just didn't think they needed to chase the air-cooled V-twin market. Thats ok, not my style anyways. I had a V-twin once but it was a Honda.2016-04-20 21.04.07.jpg.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I think the Yamaha is a good looking machine.. Yamaha makes great motorcycles, just didn't think they needed to chase the air-cooled V-twin market. Thats ok, not my style anyways. I had a V-twin once but it was a Honda.2016-04-20 21.04.07.jpg.
    I owned two 1100 Yamaha V's and they were as good as that engine configuration can be. Smooth, decent low end torque, no heat issues (probably due to low compression; I don't think it even required more than 87 octane).

The air-cooled twin market is mostly veteran riders; seems as though most under 50 are going for adventure, dual-purpose bikes, or more sophisticated / efficient touring setups. Seems strange to me that they would invest this much into a market that is at the end of their bike buying years, not in the middle or beginning.

I want to ride this bike and see what it is all about. The wide tank may bother me, plus it just feels bulky. Maybe that is different once underway. I need to feel comfortable throwing a bike around in an evasive maneuver in order relax while out riding.

As for heat, I live and ride in upstate NY; we only get a couple dozen days above 85 F most years anyway, and I ride on state and county highways with little traffic so engine heat in hot temps and stop and go traffic are not really factors for me.
    Last edited by VStarRider; 02-07-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6