Trip planning....

Thread: Trip planning....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Is there an app or website that allows you to plan your own personalized scenic route, press play, and it takes you along that pre-determined route turn by turn?
    Good Sam! I use it for all types of rips. Shows everything you might need on your trip.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

If you have a GPS there are several trip planning softwares available. I have been using Microsoft Streets and Trips for years. Although it is no longer being supported it is still available on E-bay. As with other programs you do your trip planning on your computer then convert it to a GPX file and download it into your GPS. With a little practice you can have the routing take you directly to the front door of your planned motels or campgrounds for each overnight stop. I also usually look at Trip Advisor when trying to choose motels for areas I am not familiar with. If you are looking for a free mapping program check out Harley Ride Planner. It is on the Harley Davidson website and is a little quirky but not hard to learn.

Good luck and see you in August
    Az Wingrider