New Wing in Denver Area

Thread: New Wing in Denver Area

New Wing in Denver Area

I was up in The Denver area today (Centennial) visiting my riding buddy of many years and we decided to drive over to Fay Myers on Arapahoe to see if they might have the new bike. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot I eyed a blue Tour DCT right in front of the entrance. As we got closer I saw that it had a permanent plate on it — demo plate.

They received 4 or 5 yesterday (can’t remember which) and decided to make the first one they put together a demo. I sat on it and they offered for me to take a ride, but I did not do so. Candidly, I should have but I was concerned that I would like it too much. Sitting on it I must say it seemed like a perfect fit. Easy off the side stand, and the handlebar reach felt perfect. I may go back up later and take it for a ride. Will have to check with Apex here in the Springs to see when they might have a demo.

Couple of the ones at Fay Myers are actually available but they will go fast. A non-tour silver was being delivered this afternoon to a guy with a 2017 Indian. He seemed really excited about his trade. They said they had a deposit on one of the others. No details on the two remaining as I did not ask.

As much as I thought the bike would be beautiful, it was even nicer than I expected. I really think this bike is going to be a home run for Honda and lots of us riders. My F6B is awesome, but perhaps a new 1800 in a year or two.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I guess I will stop by RPM Motorsports here in Lakewood. Maybe they have some also.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I heard all dealers get a demo, it must stay at the store (except for demo rides) and they can't sell it August.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I heard all dealers get a demo, it must stay at the store (except for demo rides) and they can't sell it August.
    That poor wing would've been ridden like a two dollar whore... I would not want to buy it when it became available.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

No luck at my local dealer, said they won't have one for another month....no biggie as I'm not in the market. I will take a demo ride if it comes my way though.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    No luck at my local dealer, said they won't have one for another month....no biggie as I'm not in the market. I will take a demo ride if it comes my way though.
    Sun Honda has two...I had an in depth overview orientation with scooter "sales expert and friend" and he rode one back from Texas lots of things to like and a lot to dislike. They will have demo in a couple weeks. They seem to have overthought and over engineered certain things. Lots of good things to say and lots of unneeded things as well. It is a much narrower bike much reminds me of an fj1300 and much taller bike. I am not a fan of this I like the jumbo fairing the wing is known for. You also really sit on top of it and not in it....the windshield is totally overthought and ridiculous and storage seems to be lacking as well. Trunk and saddlebag buttons are small hard to use with gloved hand and gas cap cubby you have to open separate small compartment to find release....suspension seems awesome and scooter confirmed this as well as very smooth power plant. Cruises at 75 about 2500 rpm and still plenty of power for roll on passing. Tournament k is detachable as well as attachable for guys who go with non touring package but it is not a quick release by any means. All of this is just my opinion. I have a gold wing and an f6. I love the new updated electronics but am not a fan of the new body styling it also feels,more like a sport touring bike from seated position. I will be keeping my f6 for now....
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail