I did not have sex with that staffer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I did not have sex with that staffer

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    i beg to differ with you my friend, I used to belive the same thing as it was true pre Jan, 1st 1984.
    https://jeffduncan.house.gov/legisla...security-taxes
    "The 1983 amendments to the Social Security Act (P.L. 98-21) required all Members of Congress to participate in Social Security as of January 1, 1984, regardless of when they first entered Congress. The laws governing payment of Social Security taxes and eligibility for Social Security benefits apply to Members of Congress in the same way they apply to any other covered worker".

I stand corrected, that's how long it's been since I looked at the subject, they also have their own retirement plan and depending on the length of time they actually served can retire with their Congressional salary.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Anthony Weiner is serving his 21 month sentence in a Medical Center in Ayer Mass. I don't consider that going to prison, but am not surprised for the token sentence that was given.
    True, but anytime your freedom is taken, I don't care how nice the surroundings are, it's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    True, but anytime your freedom is taken, I don't care how nice the surroundings are, it's prison.
    Yeah, but.......... He most likely has a new cell phone with him.....probably all he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yeah, but.......... He most likely has a new cell phone with him.....probably all he needs.
    What he said !!!

I stand corrected, that's how long it's been since I looked at the subject, they also have their own retirement plan and depending on the length of time they actually served can retire with their Congressional salary.
    They have to pay into SS but ... they make sure they have significant salaries to compensate for it.

Now Huma and Hillary can continue their fish fry without that horny pedophile in the way. Just think at the same time I had as my

Congressman: Anthony Weiner - serving time in prison for sexting with a underage girl

State Senator: Carl Kruger - sentenced to 7 years in federal prison pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and two counts of bribery conspiracy. Secretly lived with his longtime male partner while pretending that his partner's mother was his girlfriend

Governor: Eliot Spitzer - Resigned in disgrace in 2008 due to paying up to $80,000 for prostitutes over a period of several years while he was attorney general, and later as governor. Paying for those prostitutes with money transfers violating the anti-money laundering provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act. All the while married with 3 daughters.

Get me out of here

Now Huma and Hillary can continue their fish fry without that horny pedophile in the way. Just think at the same time I had as my

Congressman: Anthony Weiner - serving time in prison for sexting with a underage girl

State Senator: Carl Kruger - sentenced to 7 years in federal prison pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and two counts of bribery conspiracy. Secretly lived with his longtime male partner while pretending that his partner's mother was his girlfriend

Governor: Eliot Spitzer - Resigned in disgrace in 2008 due to paying up to $80,000 for prostitutes over a period of several years while he was attorney general, and later as governor. Paying for those prostitutes with money transfers violating the anti-money laundering provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act. All the while married with 3 daughters.

Get me out of here
    You can always come out to the land of fruits with nuts !!!

Stu's win was all fun and games until he perved out in front of a bunch of local children.

Another name is leaked.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva's (D-Ariz.) office paid out $48K in workplace settlement (claiming allegations were not sexual in nature).

grijalvas-office-paid-out-48k-in-workplace-settlement

That's for sure, the breakup was an insider trade deal for Congress with a wink and nod between Judge Greene and Bill McGowan as the useful idiots. BTW, members of Congress CAN and DO insider trading without any worries, however, anyone else try it and you'll be in jail. They also DO NOT contribute to Social Security as they have their own private pension fund. The real story with Hollywood and Congress, with all these sexual harassment bullshit stories coming out, is to cover for the larger story - the rampant pedophile and child sex networks in both places. Get your hands on a book called "Transformation" by Cathy O'Brien and you will find the real story underneath this smokescreen. Anthony Weiner is in federal prison for what amounts to nothing compared to what is really going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    i beg to differ with you my friend, I used to belive the same thing as it was true pre Jan, 1st 1984.
    https://jeffduncan.house.gov/legisla...security-taxes
    "The 1983 amendments to the Social Security Act (P.L. 98-21) required all Members of Congress to participate in Social Security as of January 1, 1984, regardless of when they first entered Congress. The laws governing payment of Social Security taxes and eligibility for Social Security benefits apply to Members of Congress in the same way they apply to any other covered worker".

If I understand the history correctly from the older employees I work around that's right about the time they voted themselves out of CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System) which they were in with the majority of federal employees. They then ended CSRS and transitioned all new employees hired from 1983 onward to FERS (Federal Employee Retirement System). Basically went from a fully funded traditional style retirement to a 401k type plan. Then they voted themselves a plan similar to CSRS. Wonderful plan CSRS was. FERS can be but they've made it a lot harder to work with and are trying to remove the safety aspects of one of the core funds.

I don't have the exact legislation that was used, however I'm fairly confident that one or more of the more informed contributors in this forum can shed further light on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    If I understand the history correctly from the older employees I work around that's right about the time they voted themselves out of CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System) which they were in with the majority of federal employees. They then ended CSRS and transitioned all new employees hired from 1983 onward to FERS (Federal Employee Retirement System). Basically went from a fully funded traditional style retirement to a 401k type plan. Then they voted themselves a plan similar to CSRS. Wonderful plan CSRS was. FERS can be but they've made it a lot harder to work with and are trying to remove the safety aspects of one of the core funds.

I don't have the exact legislation that was used, however I'm fairly confident that one or more of the more informed contributors in this forum can shed further light on the subject.
    Prior to 1984, neither federal civil service employees nor Members of Congress paid Social
    Security taxes, nor were they eligible for Social Security benefits. Members of Congress and
    other federal employees were instead covered by a separate pension plan called the Civil Service
    Retirement System (CSRS). The 1983 amendments to the Social Security Act (P.L. 98-21)
    required federal employees first hired after 1983 to participate in Social Security. These
    amendments also required all Members of Congress to participate in Social Security as of January
    1, 1984, regardless of when they first entered Congress. Because CSRS was not designed to
    coordinate with Social Security, Congress directed the development of a new retirement plan for
    federal workers. The result was the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Act of 1986 (P.L. 99-
    335).
    Members of Congress first elected in 1984 or later are covered automatically under the Federal
    Employees’ Retirement System (FERS). All Senators and those Representatives serving as
    Members prior to September 30, 2003, may decline this coverage. Representatives entering office
    on or after September 30, 2003, cannot elect to be excluded from such coverage. Members who
    were already in Congress when Social Security coverage went into effect could either remain in
    CSRS or change their coverage to FERS. Members are now covered under one of four different
    retirement arrangements:
     CSRS and Social Security;
     The “CSRS Offset” plan, which includes both CSRS and Social Security, but
    with CSRS contributions and benefits reduced by Social Security contributions
    and benefits;
     FERS; or
     Social Security alone.
    Congressional pensions, like those of other federal employees, are financed through a
    combination of employee and employer contributions. All Members pay Social Security payroll
    taxes equal to 6.2% of the Social Security taxable wage base ($118,500 in 2016 and $127,200 in
    2017). Members first covered by FERS prior to 2013 also pay 1.3% of full salary to the Civil
    Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF). Members of Congress first covered by FERS
    in 2013 contribute 3.1% of pay to the CSRDF. Members of Congress first covered by FERS after
    2013 contribute 4.4% of pay to the CSRDF. In 2014, Members covered by CSRS Offset pay 1.8%
    of the first $118,500 of salary in 2016 ($127,200 in 2017), and 8.0% of salary above this amount,
    into the CSRDF.
    Under both CSRS and FERS, Members of Congress are eligible for a pension at the age of 62 if
    they have completed at least five years of service. Members are eligible for a pension at age 50 if
    they have completed 20 years of service, or at any age after completing 25 years of service. The
    amount of the pension depends on years of service and the average of the highest three years of
    salary. By law, the starting amount of a Member’s retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his
    or her final salary.
    There were 620 retired Members of Congress receiving federal pensions based fully or in part on
    their congressional service as of October 1, 2015. Of this number, 344 had retired under CSRS
    and were receiving an average annual pension of $74,136. A total of 276 Members had retired

Back to the pedophile rings in Congress, get the book "Transformation" by Cathy O'Brien and it'll give you a good idea what goes on in Washington and Bohemian Grove, the players will shock you.