Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
Hey great right up John, yeah I just may have not spent enough time on the DCT because I just didn't like it, especially in speeds under 25 30 miles an hour I just felt like the bike was clunking around a bit trying to find the right match, I'm not sure even with the paddle shifting how you can get complete control like you do with the clutch, especially when it comes to clutch, braking, slow maneuvering that I love to do. I'd be interested for any comments on that piece, I don't see how it's even possible to do that combination with the automatic DCT, and again gliding to a stop side seems to be completely off the table. I guess I'm just a control freak! LOL, I wouldn't hesitate though because of everything else you said is spot-on, to go with the manual full tour model, amazing the maneuverability and handling this thing has! I prefer the sport tour versus the tour sport for sure, I guess that's why I have an F6B. But again hearing complaints about the weak volume on the radio, I would definitely ask dealer to install the upgraded amplifier before I purchase. Again jury still out if that was just me and not adjusting things prior to the test ride or if indeed Honda messed up a little on the volume issue.
Keller123:
Actually, now that I read what I said I was a bit heavy handed. Your concerns are Very real. The DCT does take a way a bit of control in much the same way that an automatic transmission in a car does when you are used to down-shifting a manual transmission for deceleration and corning control. And, coming to a stop sign is a very different experience with the DCT. However, I did find that it gets a bit smoother and more manageable as you get used to it; how you handle the throttle makes all the difference in the world. As a personal choice, I am willing to give up some control of the shift points for the convenience of not having to shift, but not everyone will willing to make that choice.