Be careful during the holiday parties.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be careful during the holiday parties.

Be careful during the holiday parties.

I would like to share a personal experience with all of you about drinking and driving.
    As you well know, some (including me) have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on the way home from an occasional social session over the years.
    A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails.
    Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home.
    Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.
    I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my carport.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I would like to share a personal experience with all of you about drinking and driving.
    As you well know, some (including me) have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on the way home from an occasional social session over the years.
    A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails.
    Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home.
    Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.
    I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my carport.
    Good one Larry.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

LOL!!

On a side note... On my first TDY to North Island several years ago they had one of those fancy Californian DUI check points coming on to Coronado. I was working graveyard and was waved by on the bike, the poor guys on my crew right behind me got directed in and were an hour late to work

I never thought of a Cab,, I took a City Bus home after a night of drinking. Man was that fun to drive !!!!
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Now you have done that, how long before cabs get pulled over to check to see if they are stolen?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Reminds me of an incident when I was first stationed in Germany (a very long time ago). A drunken major aviator stole a CH-37 (grandfather to a CH-53) after a night of heavy drinking. He brought it back safely but it cost him his career.

You ain't right Larry!! If I ever make it to Cali again I am gonna have to look you up.

TFF Larry...

You had me going up until the last line, I thought it was some epiphany you had after all those years of taking chances and then WHAM I got rick rolled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    Equitare solum equitare amplius