Centerstand - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centerstand

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Rick, I'm old, AND SHORT. You are right,it's a challenge for sure. Like others said, getting the rear wheel(at least)up just a bit sure helps a lot. Since I only use the center stand in my garage for maint and cleaning, I cut a length(about 12")from a 2 x 8, drilled a small hole through it on one end and put a piece of cord through the hole. To use it I line the wood up with the center of the wheel, go forward a little, then push it the bike back up onto the 2 x 8. From that point you just use the center stand as normal. If you get the bike to the point where it is just about to go off the back edge of the 2 X 8, you can then use the cord to pull the wood out and that frees up the rear wheel so you can find the tire valve or do whatever is needed to rotate the rear wheel. After reading this, it may sound complicated or difficult, but if you take in to consideration who told you you'll realize that it isn't. After a couple of times, it will be natural.
    Yup, even just rolling forward onto a piece of plywood prior to lifting really makes it easier... I only use the center stand in the garage anyway, so just leave it (plywood) lying on the floor.

5/8"

I cut 5/8" off my stand, had the local weld shop weld the feet back on, $20. EZ to lift. Rear tire about 1/8" off floor == Some folks say 1/2" some say 3/4"

Hey Olegoat, where did you cut it?

I first I was having trouble getting the F6B on the center stand. I realized I was trying to lift the bike onto the stand. I have better results when I consecrate on pushing the stand and the bike away from each other rather than lifting. Pushing away uses my leg more while lifting uses only my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I first I was having trouble getting the F6B on the center stand. I realized I was trying to lift the bike onto the stand. I have better results when I consecrate on pushing the stand and the bike away from each other rather than lifting. Pushing away uses my leg more while lifting uses only my arms.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yeap, that is how I do it and have no problems puting on the center stand, 90% all leg action. Just don't try it with FlipFlops on...............big foot hurting mistake.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/