2014 f6b

Thread: 2014 f6b

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Many rear parts are removed when these are triked. So, trike dealers are often more then happy to get rid of and sell rear plastic. Lucky you, because in your case a trunk is not needed, and those are rarely available. I'm not sure what you mean by "written off." Does that mean it has a title that says "totaled" ??? Anything other then a clear title will greatly reduce its resale value, and make it more difficult to resell.

I would get some prices on parts first. I laid mine down in 2014 on its side and could have ridden it home and the repairs were over $11k.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Hey Zeus,

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. Get as much info on parts available, before I make a decision. It doesn't look like there's too much damage to the bike, and around here where I live, it doesn't take much for the insurance company to 'label' it a 'total loss'.

Found some great pricing on saddle bags and rear brake/tail light assemblies.......we'll see how it all shakes out.

Cheers,
    Paul

Hi druggr,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, written-off means that our auto insurer deemed it to be too costly to repair, and is now a "Total Loss", however it doesn't look to be too badly damaged. If I could get it back to original condition with a few parts, it would be re-classified as a "Rebuilt" status and road worthy again.

If I buy this bike, it won't be to resell, it will be a keeper for awhile.

Cheers,
    Paul