Utter lawlessness - Kate Steine's illegal alien murderer is acquitted - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Utter lawlessness - Kate Steine's illegal alien murderer is acquitted

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Ths61, you are an amazing individual. Not only do you ride, but apparently you’re also a prodigious legal analyst and mind reader. I take my hat off to you.

Too bad you’re not particularly adept at selling conspiracy. I assume that the whole point of your response to my complimenting your theory is to convince me that “...both prosecution and defense are both party to predetermined outcome.” But I’m not buying it.

I believe lawyers are particularly self serving people. In this case a win would be huge for either of them. To think that the prosecution would act unethically and risk his career and livelihood for an illegal immigrant, an accused murderer and obviously bad guy no less, is beyond me. It is not beyond me to believe the prosecution was simply incompetent in this case, as evidenced by the lack of firearm testing, for example.

Couple an unskilled prosecutor with a solid defense attorney and the outcome of the trial can be anticipated. If, as you state, the defense of murder is that the man is guilty of manslaughter and the evidence supports that, then the jury cannot return a verdict of guilty of murder... they are two different specifications. But you know that because you’re a smart guy.

In my opinion, to seriously consider, much less believe, that all parties, judge included, conspired to rig the outcome of this murder trial is ludicrous and pathetic.

But I’ll stand by my original statement: “That’s a pretty good conspiracy theory ya got goin’ there.”

And, by the way, your use of combined color and bold font to get a point across is kind of impressive. Do you walk and chew gum at the same time, too?
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Ths61, you are an amazing individual. Not only do you ride, but apparently you’re also a prodigious legal analyst and mind reader. I take my hat off to you.

Too bad you’re not particularly adept at selling conspiracy. I assume that the whole point of your response to my complimenting your theory is to convince me that “...both prosecution and defense are both party to predetermined outcome.” But I’m not buying it.

I believe lawyers are particularly self serving people. In this case a win would be huge for either of them. To think that the prosecution would act unethically and risk his career and livelihood for an illegal immigrant, an accused murderer and obviously bad guy no less, is beyond me. It is not beyond me to believe the prosecution was simply incompetent in this case, as evidenced by the lack of firearm testing, for example.

Couple an unskilled prosecutor with a solid defense attorney and the outcome of the trial can be anticipated. If, as you state, the defense of murder is that the man is guilty of manslaughter and the evidence supports that, then the jury cannot return a verdict of guilty of murder... they are two different specifications. But you know that because you’re a smart guy.

In my opinion, to seriously consider, much less believe, that all parties, judge included, conspired to rig the outcome of this murder trial is ludicrous and pathetic.

But I’ll stand by my original statement: “That’s a pretty good conspiracy theory ya got goin’ there.”

And, by the way, your use of combined color and bold font to get a point across is kind of impressive. Do you walk and chew gum at the same time, too?
    Again, complete obfuscation. Totally ignored every applicable State and Federal law on the books that I listed. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

What happened to your flaccid point/counterpoint comment ??? You are proved wrong on each count and then you resort back to generalized obfuscation. You got nothing.

If you knew anything about California politics, you would know how a SF prosecutor keeps his job. He doesn't bite the super-majority hand that feeds him. If you want to become AG of California, you sleep with Willie Brown.

Again, complete obfuscation. Totally ignored every applicable State and Federal law on the books that I listed. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

What happened to your flaccid point/counterpoint comment ??? You are proved wrong on each count and then you resort back to generalized obfuscation. You got nothing.

If you knew anything about California politics, you would know how a SF prosecutor keeps his job. He doesn't bite the super-majority hand that feeds him. If you want to become AG of California, you sleep with Willie Brown.
    What’s wrong, ths61? Do you need validation of your sad delusion of conspiracy? You won’t get it from me. Are you upset that evidence didn’t support a verdict of guilty in this murder trial? Too bad, get over it. Oh, you want to convict someone for murder because they have prior unrelated felony convictions. Good luck with that.

What do you want, man? Why are you listing every applicable State and Federal law on the books? What’s your point? Will you be making it anytime soon?

Could you be any more obtuse?

Seriously, somebody get this tick off me!

:

NBC news has a pretty good detailed summary on this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onable-n825731

IMO the prosecution was weak. They should've went after manslaughter charges. They stepped on their own collective wieners regarding this case.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I will support a conspiracy theory. The prosecution tested the gun and like many sig sauer of the model it fired, so they said nothing. Sig Sauer has spent millions trying to correct and compensate for this problem, Google it

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    NBC news has a pretty good detailed summary on this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onable-n825731

IMO the prosecution was weak. They should've went after manslaughter charges. They stepped on their own collective wieners regarding this case.
    +1

There is no conspiracy here. This is an example of the system at work. As stated in the article Willtill refs... reasonable doubt is the standard that has to be met in capital crimes. Obviously the prosecution was less than convincing in presenting their case.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    I will support a conspiracy theory. The prosecution tested the gun and like many sig sauer of the model it fired, so they said nothing. Sig Sauer has spent millions trying to correct and compensate for this problem, Google it
    The defense conflated 2 different Sig Sauer gun models to intentionally mislead the jury. If the prosecution did not debunk that misinformation with 1 internet search or news article, you should wonder why not.

The Sig Sauer model that is in the news for drop testing issues is the recently released model that the military chose. It is a Sig P320, not the model used to murder Kate Steinle.

sig-sauer-issues-voluntary-upgrade-p320-pistol

p320-m17-drop-test-roblem

The Sig Sauer model that the murderer used to kill Kate Steinle is a Sig P239. Not the P320. The P239 has a DA/SA 6lb - 10lb trigger pull which does not have any record of drop problems.

experts-question-decision-that-kept-steinle-jurors-from-handling-gun

So you can toss the defense's faux defense argument out with the truth that they are conflating 2 different guns models.

THE JUDGE REFUSED TO ALLOW THE JURORS TO FELL HOW HARD THE TRIGGER PULL WAS:

"... "I think it was an incorrect decision by the judge," said former Alameda County Deputy District Attorney John Creighton, who told ABC7 News he believes, had jurors been able to try to pull the trigger, the verdict might have been different. ..."

"... gun expert Roman Kaplan said pulling the trigger on the Sig Sauer P239 takes more pressure than many other guns. The pressure required is from 6 to 10 pounds, he said, demonstrating at his Pleasant Hill store, City Arms East. ..."

Hmmm.... The judge refused to let the jurors know how heavy the trigger pull is and the prosecutor does not call out the misrepresentation of gun models. Just makes you wonder what decision all the SF legal participants are trying to achieve from the jurors.

The defense conflated 2 different Sig Sauer gun models to intentionally mislead the jury. If the prosecution did not debunk that misinformation with 1 internet search or news article, you should wonder why not.

The Sig Sauer model that is in the news for drop testing issues is the recently released model that the military chose. It is a Sig P320, not the model used to murder Kate Steinle.

sig-sauer-issues-voluntary-upgrade-p320-pistol

p320-m17-drop-test-roblem

The Sig Sauer model that the murderer used to kill Kate Steinle is a Sig P239. Not the P320. The P239 has a DA/SA 6lb - 10lb trigger pull which does not have any record of drop problems.

experts-question-decision-that-kept-steinle-jurors-from-handling-gun

So you can toss the defense's faux defense argument out with the truth that they are conflating 2 different guns models.

THE JUDGE REFUSED TO ALLOW THE JURORS TO FELL HOW HARD THE TRIGGER PULL WAS:

"... "I think it was an incorrect decision by the judge," said former Alameda County Deputy District Attorney John Creighton, who told ABC7 News he believes, had jurors been able to try to pull the trigger, the verdict might have been different. ..."

"... gun expert Roman Kaplan said pulling the trigger on the Sig Sauer P239 takes more pressure than many other guns. The pressure required is from 6 to 10 pounds, he said, demonstrating at his Pleasant Hill store, City Arms East. ..."
    Good comment ths61. I might add that it is unusual for handguns to have a pull less than 6 and when they do it is because of a special trigger assembly replacing the original - in other words, someone probably pulled the trigger in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    Good comment ths61. I might add that it is unusual for handguns to have a pull less than 6 and when they do it is because of a special trigger assembly replacing the original - in other words, someone probably pulled the trigger in this case.
    The more one looks at the details of this case, the more it stinks.