REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR

Thread: REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR

While I'm sure in the classrooms on either coasts the silence will be deafening on the significance of this sorrowful day I am sure inland of that, Trump's bunker, the students will be taught the sacrifice that was made by these innocent, unsuspecting men going about their daily routine on a beautiful Hawaiian day.

Equitare solum equitare amplius

Proud to say my father, who has passed away, was at Pearl Harbor. My family has 4 generations who have served.

My wife and I (both retired Navy) are amazed at how little the current generation understands what the "greatest generation" went through to keep their freedom intact.

We are deeply disturbed by articles like https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ist-fascist-o/

Unfortunately, it will probably take something catastrophic to wake them up.

I am really afraid of what the millennials reaction would be to an event like pearl harbor.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Thanks Navvet

Thanks to you and wife for your service Navvet. I'm a retired Navy guy as well and spent the first 4-years of my career stationed in Pearl Harbor.

Like you, I have great concern about the values and lessons being taught in public schools these days. I have 1 college and 2 high school aged children and it seems history and civics classes are an afterthought at best.

Additionally, I'm a North Carolina native. (Statesville, NC)

Fair Winds... Following Seas.

Thank you to those who have served and are continuing to serve. While I am technically a millennial, I have a great appreciation for the sacrifice of all our armed forces personnel that unfortunately I feel the younger generations are seriously lacking, sadly.

On a somewhat-related note, my dad attended the USNA in the 80's and for his 60th birthday this year I got he and I tickets to the Army-Navy game that is being played this weekend. I am beyond excited to experience the national pride and support for our service men and women. I'm already teary-eyed thinking about it.

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!