Which Wind Screen to Buy - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which Wind Screen to Buy

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    That's the same size I want to get. Let me know how it works for you. I also have a 19" shield I'm running now and seem to have the same issue as you.
    I will post my feelings on how it works as soon as I get it and mounted.Per there site they average 5 days to make and another week to ship to me I hope to have it in two weeks.Weather here in Northern Nevada has been mild but changing quickly.With luck I can get a decent test ride in before the white crap hits.

Tryed several also. Keeping madstad. Is it perfect? Nope. You get some wind in the face although its light but what you dont get is your head rattled from wind wrapping around from behind . Best sheild ive ever tryed. Like i said its not perfect but for me its better then the others

I have been the whole route. When I bought the bike I had them put the tall Honda windscreen in with the air vent. Did a 2000 mile trip with it and buffeting beat the hell out me. So, I bought the tall Clearview with vent and the recurve. Exactly the same problem. Now I bought a tall Baggershield with vent. That seems to have done it but the bike is up for the winter and I haven't taken it on a long trip yet.

I know it's not my helmet, a Shoei X-14. It is a very slippery helmet and I have used it on other bikes satisfactory.

As promised a follow up on my 15" Madstad.I got it Saturday afternoon and a hour later had it installed.Great instructions and all went together perfectly.Now I am 6'4" but have a short inseam of 32" so I have a lot of torso height.With the 15" screen set at the highest position I look just over the top of it with a stock seat.I set the screen at 60 degrees to start and went for a short ride as it was 33 degrees when I left.All I can say is WOW.My 3 year old 19"Baggershield gave me buffeting around my head and a little less if I opened the vent(but that sucked in cold conditions).Well that short ride with the Madstad let me know how much buffeting I had been putting up with.Very little if any was felt it almost felt quiet in the cockpit.I may experiment with different settings next week but really don't know how it could get better then what I experienced on that short ride.Still have to get use to the look but I will get over that quickly because of how well it performs. Highly recommend this product and wish I had done it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    As promised a follow up on my 15" Madstad.I got it Saturday afternoon and a hour later had it installed.Great instructions and all went together perfectly.Now I am 6'4" but have a short inseam of 32" so I have a lot of torso height.With the 15" screen set at the highest position I look just over the top of it with a stock seat.I set the screen at 60 degrees to start and went for a short ride as it was 33 degrees when I left.All I can say is WOW.My 3 year old 19"Baggershield gave me buffeting around my head and a little less if I opened the vent(but that sucked in cold conditions).Well that short ride with the Madstad let me know how much buffeting I had been putting up with.Very little if any was felt it almost felt quiet in the cockpit.I may experiment with different settings next week but really don't know how it could get better then what I experienced on that short ride.Still have to get use to the look but I will get over that quickly because of how well it performs. Highly recommend this product and wish I had done it years ago.
    Little edit as I must of had a senior moment.I said I set screen on the highest position-it's really set on the lowest position.On the highest position I would be looking thru it not over the top.Nice thing is when I get a new saddle made and it raises me a couple of inches I can raise the screen.

Just received my new Baggershield. I haven't install it yet but it looks like it will do what I want.

Little edit as I must of had a senior moment.I said I set screen on the highest position-it's really set on the lowest position.On the highest position I would be looking thru it not over the top.Nice thing is when I get a new saddle made and it raises me a couple of inches I can raise the screen.
    How does it work for you at the highest setting when you are looking through it? Is the mild buffeting that you described completely gone at that point?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I went threw the same dilemma and ended up buying the Madstad, took a while to get used to the look but I think it is a natural look for the B, am happy w/it's performance. Just my .02 .
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Can very well be the helmet turbulence. That Shoei X-14 is not a touring helmet designed for a upward posture. It is a race helmet designed to be tucked and angled down. Hence why the ventilation is better tucked. Shoei does make a touring helmet designed for a more upward rider position called "Qwest". A world of difference just from the design and intended rider.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    I have been the whole route. When I bought the bike I had them put the tall Honda windscreen in with the air vent. Did a 2000 mile trip with it and buffeting beat the hell out me. So, I bought the tall Clearview with vent and the recurve. Exactly the same problem. Now I bought a tall Baggershield with vent. That seems to have done it but the bike is up for the winter and I haven't taken it on a long trip yet.

I know it's not my helmet, a Shoei X-14. It is a very slippery helmet and I have used it on other bikes satisfactory.

height

Great review! Does the 15" Madstad (in lowest setting) have about the same height as the 19" baggershield...as far as line of vision while sitting in the saddle? I have a 19 inch slip streamer now and just look over it. I'm 6'3 and don't want to be looking half through and half over, so I might go with the 13inch as long as I have 2-3 inches to adjust it up.