New Wing maintenance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wing maintenance

New Wing maintenance

I have been able to do all of the maintenance and add-ons myself on the F6B, so far. Oil changes and rear tire replacements are a piece of cake.

I am wondering how doing basic maintenance is on the new Wing?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

That is one thing Honda has always been good with.dont think it will change.

It would be a "blessing" if "Air Filter Access and Replacement" were improved! Tearing the bike half apart, as is presently the case, is no "walk in the park"

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    It would be a "blessing" if "Air Filter Access and Replacement" were improved! Tearing the bike half apart, as is presently the case, is no "walk in the park"
    +1..The air filter and the "major hassle" involved to change it is probably one of the biggest gripes posted by most riders...I have a K&N filter in my 2013 F6B, which I purchased in the winter of that year...Had the bike custom painted before I rode it home late in the year, and as the dealer had it torn apart for painting, I had them put in the K&N..With only 14,000 miles on the bike now I am hopeful it will be a while before I need to service the filter...I might even talk myself into a new bike by then, but so far will stick with my current ride....Regards and ride safe

I was at a coming out event for the new 1800 on Saturday and the air filter Q came up. I already new the answer. There was a Collective groan when the Honda rep told them “air filter change didn’t change”.

With the basic design almost the same as earlier versions, I doubt any of us really anticipated, or expected, any change in the filter location.....Still one of the best bikes on the market these days in my opinion.....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    If they just used the same screws throughout, it would go faster. I end up looking at one crew to the next wondering which, one I had removed from there. Oh yeah, I took photos! Nope, still can't tell. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

I use a piece of rigid foam sheeting and poke holes with "awl"! The screws/retainers are inserted into the holes as they are removed. This method ensures the correct screws return to the correct holes! Had some pic posted on a "Original Thread/Post" but they are long gone!

Ride Safe

bob109

Probably no one really knows yet. However, on gen. 6, valve adjustments are required more often and there are twice as many. I'm sure that means more expensive.

Intakes are shim and bucket. Exhaust is screw and nut.