Looking for a new helmet.

Thread: Looking for a new helmet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you're looking for quiet helmets, I can recommend the HJC RPHA-MAX and the Schuberth C3 Pro. Those are the two quietest modulars I've ever tried. I have tried a lot of helmets for demo rides - I use calibrated 4mm microphones mounted on in-ear plugs, and record the noise level on a 10 minute ride in traffic in-town and on the freeway, ranging in speeds between 0 MPH and 75 MPH. The C3 Pro came in the quietest (around 84 dB SPL peak at 75 MPH, typical 71 dB SPL at 30 MPH in town), and the HJC was just 1.1 dB louder. All others I've tested were at least 3 dB louder than the HJC.

I have exactly the same two brands as ShanghaiDan! Schuberth is the best IMHO of course. Pricey but top shelf. RPHA was my favorite until I made the plunge for the C3. RPHA might be a bit cooler but both are hot down here in FL in the summer. I have had a bunch of different helmets over the last 40 plus years and none come close to the C3 Schuberth.
    Dan is also right on with it being quiet. Much quieter than RPHA and RPHA is pretty quiet. 3dB increase is twice as loud if I remember right.

Good luck with your search.
    WEG