Looking for a new helmet.

Thread: Looking for a new helmet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ask 30 people get 40 different answers = I always try to get one that's SNELL & DOT approved, for me they must be full face =
    Modular helmets will NOT pass SNELL neither will helmets w/ a drop down sun screen. =

motorcyclegear.com always has some great deals. They buy up new, last years left over stock. You can try it on, wear it around the house & they'll pay S&H to send it back, send you another one, another one until you get one you love =remember, it should never be loose. Should be snug, you should have "fish face" for a while BUT never so tight it causes hot spots or headaches. Make sure your glasses will go in. Slide it on from the rear part of your head. email Aaron with all your questions, he's great to deal with.

Go to the largest motorcycle accessory store that’s available. Test fit the helmets that you are interested in. Put them on, take them off, work the shields etc. Wear them in the store for 30 minutes. Different helmets in different sizes will not fit the same. Luckily we have Iron Pony here in Columbus. They have a huge helmet selection. You’ll see people walking around wearing helmets while shopping. Just like you would sit on a bike that you’ve never been on before to see how it feels after a half hour or so..

I have been using this one for over a year now. It's lightweight, but a good all round helmet.

ls2.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQoi2Y8S4as&t=9s
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"