Looking for a new helmet. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Looking for a new helmet.

I'm guessing that a "very liberal return policy" as jbongo says of Revzilla and the chance you will get a worn and returned helmet go hand in hand.

We still consider riders without helmets to be organ donors

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    We still consider riders without helmets to be organ donors

Poorest choice for a first post I may have ever seen.

Has anyone checked out the SENA Momentum Helmet with built in blue tooth and speakers it sounds interesting but just wondering how well it works

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Poorest choice for a first post I may have ever seen.
    My wife is an ER nurse, and the organ donor comment is common in her work environment. I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    My wife is an ER nurse, and the organ donor comment is common in her work environment. I tend to agree.
    Taking a thread about helmet choices and trying to turn it into a bashing thread for those who chose to ride helmetless is the poor choice. Especially for your first post. I know people who say riding a motorcycle at all is more risky than they are willing to accept. Please do not insist that only the level of safety you think is correct is correct for everyone. Even small cars are much less safe than large vehicles. Or you might stay safe on the couch watching TV!

Helmet comment: Schuberth C3 Pro is most comfortable, high quality helmet I have ever owned. I bought it during a Christmas sale on RevZilla for $329 2.5 years ago. Complaints are that it is not a perfect fit for my head, and the visor won't stay open over 50 mph in windy conditions (unless going with the wind).

Organ Donor comment: It is common in emergency rooms, I have heard. I think my GP even mentioned that. This comment does get to me, until I think of a guy I know who slipped and fell taking a pee at 3am, is paralyzed from the neck down after hitting his head on the vanity the wrong way. I am going to enjoy the things I love to do, despite the risk...and the risk is what makes it enjoyable! Now, we all owe it to ourselves to mitigate the risk by lighting up our bikes like Christmas trees, wearing the appropriate level of gear, practicing, taking ARCs, etc. However, I am NOT gonna sit around in fear, only to fall in the tub and become paralyzed.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Taking a thread about helmet choices and trying to turn it into a bashing thread for those who chose to ride helmetless is the poor choice. Especially for your first post. I know people who say riding a motorcycle at all is more risky than they are willing to accept. Please do not insist that only the level of safety you think is correct is correct for everyone. Even small cars are much less safe than large vehicles. Or you might stay safe on the couch watching TV!
    Lighten up, Francis.

I'm registered as an organ donor AND wear a helmet. What a conundrum!