air temp indicator - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: air temp indicator

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Got to pick a good spot, many places it is expensive to live or have other bad things like crime. I like the northern gulf coast myself but some nice places in central Florida also but watch out for the high cost of living. The great and retirees have affected the cost down that way. The good beaches are from Dauphin Island AL to almost Apalachee Bay FL with the best being between Pensacola Beach and Panama City Beach. The temps on the coast on average run lower in the summer and higher in the winter than even a little bit inland. Lots of military bases around here which also helps the economy.
    Never been to that part of Florida. Always spent time in Naples and on Marco Island. Will do some checking into it.
    Thanks!

My ex friend in Kitchener sent this pic today to myself in Canada.
    Now you know why he is an EX!
    I hope he gets a sunburn!

Florida... ugh

You'll never have to worry about me adding to population of the sinking swamp-land southern peninsula of Georgia. With a climate of 8 months of heat and humidity, followed up by a hurricane and then some more humidity. Then once a decade it snows somewhere and the place goes to hell... But that's redundant, since its already there from the last hurricane. Too much traffic, too many old people who can't drive right. It used to be good for orange groves (and I hear not that good for that anymore). There are about three weeks in March, before mean season starts, that seem tolerable before the heat really hits. I've visited relatives at all times of the year down there. I've taken our boat to Tampa and along the ICW and sort of enjoyed that. I donated too many weeks of my salary to the Mouse with the wife and family. I don't golf. I don't sit on the beach without extreme boredom setting in. As far as motorcycling goes, the only place more boring than FL I've been was Kansas (sorry Kansas). Even the GD I-395 HOV lanes outside DC have less traffic than I-95 or I-75. I read a science fiction book recently in which some miracle (caused by climate change / global warming / ocean rising/ whatever!) reduced this swamp/gator/mosquito infested place to a pinky sized ridge of a hills few hundred yards wide and about 1/4 its current length. It can't come soon enough. Except that I would hate for them Fl swamp-dwellers to reintegrate back into the rest of the lower 48. You can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    You'll never have to worry about me adding to population of the sinking swamp-land southern peninsula of Georgia. With a climate of 8 months of heat and humidity, followed up by a hurricane and then some more humidity. Then once a decade it snows somewhere and the place goes to hell... But that's redundant, since its already there from the last hurricane. Too much traffic, too many old people who can't drive right. It used to be good for orange groves (and I hear not that good for that anymore). There are about three weeks in March, before mean season starts, that seem tolerable before the heat really hits. I've visited relatives at all times of the year down there. I've taken our boat to Tampa and along the ICW and sort of enjoyed that. I donated too many weeks of my salary to the Mouse with the wife and family. I don't golf. I don't sit on the beach without extreme boredom setting in. As far as motorcycling goes, the only place more boring than FL I've been was Kansas (sorry Kansas). Even the GD I-395 HOV lanes outside DC have less traffic than I-95 or I-75. I read a science fiction book recently in which some miracle (caused by climate change / global warming / ocean rising/ whatever!) reduced this swamp/gator/mosquito infested place to a pinky sized ridge of a hills few hundred yards wide and about 1/4 its current length. It can't come soon enough. Except that I would hate for them Fl swamp-dwellers to reintegrate back into the rest of the lower 48. You can keep it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

We've toyed with the idea of moving to Floriduh too for retirement. I do not think that is going to happen though.

Most likely we will find a nice property with acreage in the hills of Tennessee. Wife is actually warming up to that idea. Still have 7 more years to decide.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

North and South Florida are vastly different. I'm closer to Houston Texas than I am to Key West.

Record breaking cold here today and supposed to be that way until tomorrow. 23 degrees shuts down bridges and closes schools.

North VS South FloriDUH

What's the differences between north and south Florida?
    1. Average age of white people increases as you go south.
    2. Traffic increases as you get closer to Miami. The drivers are stupid everywhere though.
    3. The Latino population gets more Cuban the closer to Miami you get.
    4. The redneck population goes up as you go north.
    5. Every few years it snows a flake or two in the south and an inch or two in the north, but either scenario causes the same amount of chaos because #2 kicks in.
    6. Northern Floridians have more in common with the states that they border on.....and that's not a complement.
    7. Northern Florida and the gulf coast are catching up with the south and east coast in all the wrong ways: Population, Pollution, Nasty Traffic, Cost of Living.

Yeah, Florida sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    North and South Florida are vastly different. I'm closer to Houston Texas than I am to Key West.

And your point is??? That Houston is better than Key West?

#6 of my list of differences between north and south FL applies, even if Texas does not border FL.

Seriously?

Yea everyone here is stupid just like everyone in VA dates their Sister. You are insulting and are not worth having a conversation with.