New Member Potential New Owner

Thread: New Member Potential New Owner

New Member Potential New Owner

Hello all, New member here, in the past I've had Goldwings (1500 & 1800 versions) along with other touring style Bikes.

I Joined in order to learn about the F6B. There's a 2016 F6B 13,000 miles ask is $14,900 at a local Multi Brand dealer. Has a Passenger backrest, aftermarket shield, not much else. Matte B/W.
    I currently ride a Kawi C-14, I'm looking at the F6B as my wife just isn't able to get comfortable on the Kawi.
    Question is any known issues I should look for on a 16? How far off is the ask on this bike?
    Thanks in advance, looking forward to enjoying this forum.

I cannot offer an opinion on the pricing, but my 2016 F6B has over 20,000 miles on it with not a single problem. And there is room in North Carolina for another F6B!

af

Welcome to the forum. I have a 2015 F6B with about 50,000 miles and I am very satisfied with it. I have a friend with about 75,000 miles on his 2014 and he is also a big advocate of the F6B. Other than the brake recall the only issue he and I have in with him common is the crank position sensor. He has replaced his and I have had to disconnect the battery twice and reboot the ecm twice on mine. I think this is one of the most reliable bikes on the road and have no plans on replacing mine. If you are concerned about your wife's comfort you might consider a full Goldwing because of the backseat.

As for the price I have nothing to offer you other than the fact that the B is not holding its value very well and with the new Wing coming out that might have a further impact on their resale value.

Good luck and once again welcome

Get one ASAP so you can start enjoying it. They are a great buy right now but why wait trying to get a lower price. If it is the color you want I think that is most important. I don't think what year it is matters much and the biggest difference is does it have cruise control (started in 15) and maybe a back rest (delux I think) and maybe that is not important to you. Someone has a matt grey 15 for sale on this board that looks good.

In my decades of riding, I've owned several dozens MC's. By far my '13 "B" is the best bike I've ever owned. Brought it used, almost 2 years ago. The previous owner had done a great job of installing some very nice farkles. I've changed & added a few things to "make it mine." It rides great & handles like a big sport bike, doesn't feel like a 800+ lb machine...... Never a single problem. Honda did their homework (as they always do) when they designed this bike. You won't regret buying one. = The bunch on this forum are very, very helpful. Welcome & good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bcultra View Post
    Hello all, New member here, in the past I've had Goldwings (1500 & 1800 versions) along with other touring style Bikes.

I Joined in order to learn about the F6B. There's a 2016 F6B 13,000 miles ask is $14,900 at a local Multi Brand dealer. Has a Passenger backrest, aftermarket shield, not much else. Matte B/W.
    I currently ride a Kawi C-14, I'm looking at the F6B as my wife just isn't able to get comfortable on the Kawi.
    Question is any known issues I should look for on a 16? How far off is the ask on this bike?
    Thanks in advance, looking forward to enjoying this forum.
    i bought my standard '13 from a dealer for $14,990 in 12/2014. it had 1 mile on it back then. is the '16 a deluxe or standard? that would factor into the cost. i don't think heated handles would really make a big difference for me (and i'm in MN), but i find the center stand essential. i've put over 35,000 on the bike. the only issue i had is a blown tire valve (in central ND) last summer. i have yet to meet a F6B owner who isn't thoroughly satisfied with it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)

You might consider a full dressed GL1800. Most wives are very happy riding on those. Because they carry more **it, it means many who own them take longer trips, and you might find that once you get a GoldWing making longer trips is what you really want to do.

Thanks for the replies, don’t really care for the full Goldwing, have had 2, a Yamaha Venture 99 model and a HD Ultra Classic. Tired of the big bikes. Have had 2 Road Glides and the C 14 and find that I much prefer the Bagger style.
    We’re in the best time of the year to buy a bike. Already seeing January specials. I’ll see what kind of offer I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    You might consider a full dressed GL1800. Most wives are very happy riding on those. Because they carry more **it, it means many who own them take longer trips, and you might find that once you get a GoldWing making longer trips is what you really want to do.

You're right about carrying more **it, that's why I bought this HUGE SOB. At least I can remove it with 4 bolts when she's working out of town.............