Iginition Pulse Generator...Easy Fix???

Thread: Iginition Pulse Generator...Easy Fix???

Iginition Pulse Generator...Easy Fix???

So I know now I have an issue with the Pulse Generator, diagnosed by me, and watching the engine flash lights when she cranks but does not start. And took to dealership and they confirmed Ignition Pulse Generator. So made a video with my questions. I have the NON ABS so heard that there may be a quick fix vs ripping the whole shelter, and then removing the air cleaner housing. Any help mucho gracias!! YOU TUBE VID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_Giq4fk6Q
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    So I know now I have an issue with the Pulse Generator, diagnosed by me, and watching the engine flash lights when she cranks but does not start. And took to dealership and they confirmed Ignition Pulse Generator. So made a video with my questions. I have the NON ABS so heard that there may be a quick fix vs ripping the whole shelter, and then removing the air cleaner housing. Any help mucho gracias!! YOU TUBE VID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_Giq4fk6Q
    You can probably replace it without taking off any of the top fairing components. I did. Just remove the plastic shroud that houses the fog lights (and the upper piece of the same) and you can get to the connector that is located up above the engine on the right side looking from the front. You will have to remove the evaporation canister at the front of the engine also. Then remove the front engine cover, unbolt the sensor and follow the wire up to the connector. Once you locate the connector, install the new sensor in the engine cover, install NEW gasket and install the engine cover and then connect the cable. Reinstall the evaporation canister and the plastic pieces and you are ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    You can probably replace it without taking off any of the top fairing components. I did. Just remove the plastic shroud that houses the fog lights (and the upper piece of the same) and you can get to the connector that is located up above the engine on the right side looking from the front. You will have to remove the evaporation canister at the front of the engine also. Then remove the front engine cover, unbolt the sensor and follow the wire up to the connector. Once you locate the connector, install the new sensor in the engine cover, install NEW gasket and install the engine cover and then connect the cable. Reinstall the evaporation canister and the plastic pieces and you are ready to go.
    Great stuff, thank you! did you follow the replacement instruction and seal the grommet that is in the opening of the front crankcase cover (i think you are calling that the engine cover) and it is calling for sealant at the top and bottom of the mating surface. It also calls to replace dowel pins. Did you do any of that? also, the cover above the fog light cover, there are 2 rivet type connectors sercuring the top of that cover to the bike. do you recall how you removed? flat head screwdriver? thanks on all!!
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Replaced the gasket, applied sealant as called for in manual, did NOT replace dowel pins. the two rivet style connectors you just pull out the center piece and then the whole piece. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Replaced the gasket, applied sealant as called for in manual, did NOT replace dowel pins. the two rivet style connectors you just pull out the center piece and then the whole piece. hope this helps.
    Thanks, and the evap can is the one that you have to remove to get to the bleeder valve for the clutch correct? thought that was below the crankshaft cover, so making sure there is not another evap can heading towards the connector....how long did it take you to find/unplug and plug in new connector? Thanks again!