2014 F6B is here.

Thread: 2014 F6B is here.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2014 F6B is here.

So the answer to the lingering question is yes, there is a 2014 F6B and F6B Deluxe. No changes I can see in specs other than color. The black is back but the red is gone and replaced by Pearl Yellow.

http://powersports.honda.com/touring...6b/colors.aspx

Somebody on the board definitely called it as 2014 being just a change in colors. Not a "one and done", not a model year pause, no ABS or cruise.

Still prefer the black. Pearl white would have been a better choice.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    This is pretty clever by Honda.

The change of color to yellow and not offer the Red allows them to continue to sell any "over stock" Red 2013 models through 2014. The Black has always been a classic color for the Valkyries and Runes and looks great on the F6B (Batman Motorcycle)

I wonder how long til someone paints bees on it.

I'm glad to see it's not gone so maybe we'll get more aftermarket support.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I wonder how long til someone paints bees on it.

I'm glad to see it's not gone so maybe we'll get more aftermarket support.
    Being in Bumblebee yellow and having the "face" that the front cowel has gives a great canvas for someone to do a Transformers theme though.

If the color truly is "pearl" yellow, might that paint be clear-coated? If so, that would definitely be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    This is pretty clever by Honda.

The change of color to yellow and not offer the Red allows them to continue to sell any "over stock" Red 2013 models through 2014. The Black has always been a classic color for the Valkyries and Runes and looks great on the F6B (Batman Motorcycle)
    Well, just don't know what to think about that. I got the Red because I thought it "popped". The yellow, with black looks ok but it don't pop to me, it just pricks. Just maybe Honda is trying to slow down F6B sales so their manufacturing operations can keep up. Likely the Red ones, the faster ones, are flying out of the showrooms way too fast. Now that they are one year unique the remaining few may be gone, like tomorrow. Just a thought, and I know, I don't think like most folks. I'm happy we have the 2014 in any color for all that aftermarket stuff and all already mentioned. Hey, a year ago I never thought I'd be back on a Honda. But then came F6B.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Limbuck, the Red is a nice color, I'll take it over Black. I am not saying one is better than the other. My observation from the VIN list shows that there are more Black F6B owners on the list than Red and Black F6B owners. I have visited 2 dealerships and they only had red units on the floor, call it a coincidence . For me Black is high maintenance, I'll never own another Black vehicle. Beautiful when clean but time consuming to keep it clean. My favorite colors on a Bike were on a stock 1987 Yamaha FJ1200.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yellow looks nice, maybe they had seen the custom color F6Bs in the states and figured change the color.
    The GL1800 looks much better without the silver panel.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Limbuck, the Red is a nice color, I'll take it over Black. I am not saying one is better than the other. My observation from the VIN list shows that there are more Black F6B owners on the list than Red and Black F6B owners. I have visited 2 dealerships and they only had red units on the floor, call it a coincidence . For me Black is high maintenance, I'll never own another Black vehicle. Beautiful when clean but time consuming to keep it clean. My favorite colors on a Bike were on a stock 1987 Yamaha FJ1200.
    And I agree brother. I don't have many serious comments in me these days. I may have a yellow one any time. Nobody else does?
    I like the black a whole lot and almost all my past bikes have been black and chrome. I popped on red just to change course and I likely will get them chrome exhaust gone at some point so I can be a bonafide member of that anti-chrome posse bunch. Not buying bling has already saved me major bucks.