How much did you pay for your bike?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your bike?

How much did you pay for your bike?

Ok, so now that I know that the 2014 version of the F6B only changes available colors, it's time to go to the dealer. I plan to pay cash, so I would like to know what deal you got at the dealership.

this is not a contest of who paid less, but just to guide me on what I can expect on the bid.

Thanks to all for your input,
    talldude

Talldude, unfortunately, where you live, the dealers do not wheel and deal with lowering of prices as much as other areas of the country. I know, as I used to live in Lynnwood, and know all the dealers within 200 miles of you. You can try...and I wish you the best...but you may need to Fly and Ride to get a screamin' deal, like to HOR, or someone like that.

I do know that South Bound Honda, in Lakewood, WA. has a all Black standard model on the floor...VIN # DK001917. That is how much I checked it out, while they were rebuilding my lightning strike bike. BTW, they did an excellent job, so for Honda service, it is very difficult to find a better tech that Dale (HondaBikePro) on this forum. Give Vicki a call at South Bound Honda and see if they can sell you that bike. It is their last 2013 F6B...as far as I know.
    www.hondabike.com

In answer to your question, I paid $ 17,500.00 for a standard all black, but it was from another dealer, in another state. Shop around, contact HOR, as they are a sponsor of this forum (Honda of Russellville) and they do a lot of sales to members here.

Quote Originally Posted by Talldude View Post
    Ok, so now that I know that the 2014 version of the F6B only changes available colors, it's time to go to the dealer. I plan to pay cash, so I would like to know what deal you got at the dealership.

this is not a contest of who paid less, but just to guide me on what I can expect on the bid.

Thanks to all for your input,
    talldude
    $2000.00 under retail at my local Honda dealership in Hammond, La. (for either standard or deluxe).

I also paid with cash $19g for my black deluxe $20100 out the door here in NJ that was in June
    Ride it like you stole it

CASH!

I would NOT tell the dealer you are going to pay cash right away. They make more money if you finance it thru Honda. I would work the best deal I could and when you know you have them down as far as they will go, tell them you are going to pay cash and ask, 'Do I get a better deal with paying cash?' Also, when dealing, make them throw in a helmet, they will almost always do that.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    I would NOT tell the dealer you are going to pay cash right away. They make more money if you finance it thru Honda. I would work the best deal I could and when you know you have them down as far as they will go, tell them you are going to pay cash and ask, 'Do I get a better deal with paying cash?' Also, when dealing, make them throw in a helmet, they will almost always do that.
    Good luck!
    That's a great point but he wants to know how much people paid for there F6B.If we want a lecture we got our girlfriends/wives for that LOL.Just busting good point Westernbiker

CASH!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    That's a great point but he wants to know how much people paid for there F6B.If we want a lecture we got our girlfriends/wives for that LOL
    I felt the finance tip was worthy of mention. As far as getting a lecture from your wife or girlfriend.....well.....I feel sorry for ya! Maybe time to swap'em out! I am too old to be lectured by anyone and I do NOT lecture anyone either. I was hoping my statement on cash versus finance would be of some help. As far as what I paid for my F6B, I feel that is a private matter and thus the reason I did not mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    I felt the finance tip was worthy of mention. As far as getting a lecture from your wife or girlfriend.....well.....I feel sorry for ya! Maybe time to swap'em out! I am too old to be lectured by anyone and I do NOT lecture anyone either. I was hoping my statement on cash versus finance would be of some help. As far as what I paid for my F6B, I feel that is a private matter and thus the reason I did not mention it.
    Relax private matter on giving out what you paid give the world a break.Do not feel sorry for me I am 41 with plenty of money and no need to work and my wife is a great person that can not tell me nothing because I have all the money

It is pretty hard to determine what to pay for a bike from others...Find your best deal, if your happy, buy the thing...Too many variables from state to state and dealer to dealer to respond with an intelligent answer. Price is somewhat relative if you find the bike you want and are satistfied with the deal and the location of the dealer etc. go for it....Mine was probably a little more than some and less than others, but I am happy and love the bike....Good Luck

CASH!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Relax private matter on giving out what you paid give the world a break.Do not feel sorry for me I am 41 with plenty of money and no need to work and my wife is a great person that can not tell me nothing because I have all the money
    Relax? I am relaxed, just making a statement as you are. And yes, I feel money is a private matter, so what! If you don't agree that's fine but GIVE ME A BREAK statement was not required.