New Goldwings coming soon! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Goldwings coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Hitting the Dallas Convention Center tonight for the Progressive International Motorcycle Show. I'll be posting photos probably tonight or early AM of whatever Honda brought to the show. If there are any requests, post them here and I'll do my best to fulfill your photo interests. Sometimes, eye candy is all we get.
    That should be a fun look around.

Going with my bud who is going with me to Cortez in August. One of his friends is the KLIM rep here in town. Sometimes he has some leftover items at some nice pricing. I need the KLIM Apex jacket.......tonight!

Made it to the show. The 3 2018 Wings were covered like flies on s**t. Sat on both the Bronze Wing and the Red Tour. Downsized it for sure from the standpoint of feel and that engine sits down there bigger than life. If anyone in and around the Dallas area is wanting to demo the new Wing, Al Lambs Honda has 2 demos to test, one 6 speed and one DCT. He got 5 in as he is a premium solo Honda dealer here in Dallas. I'll be testing both out probably Monday for sure. Here's some shots. Nothing special but the suspension is something else. Pumping the front suspension and gazing at the erector set they built up there is amazing, and it does rebound up and down, not at any angle like our B's do.

More pics..............

Few more...........Looking down at the top of the new suspension.

Thanks for those pic's Walcrow. I can't wait to see one in person myself!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Nice shots. Can't wait to see one up close.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I was impressed with the overall ergonomics and dimensions while sitting on it. It feels smaller and I think that comes from the fairing and windshield being downsized but then you see this big ass engine down there sticking out like 2 huge anvils. The most impressive item is the suspension, as mentioned earlier. Very cool engineering seeing all the arms and rods articulating up and down. A test ride will reveal the design but the reviews I've read say it's the pussies whiskers for sure. Visually, you can't miss that big ass engine at all. I think the designers wanted to show off the flat 6 like never before and they did, IMO. Paint was superb on the bronze, blue and red ones at the show and attention to detail is everywhere on the bike. For my butt, the seat would have to go to RDL, but that's me. It felt like the stock seat from previous years. I'm 5'11" 185 lbs and the seating to bars is perfect for me with 35" sleeve length. The DCT will be interesting when I finally get over for a test ride next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    I was impressed with the overall ergonomics and dimensions while sitting on it. It feels smaller and I think that comes from the fairing and windshield being downsized but then you see this big ass engine down there sticking out like 2 huge anvils. The most impressive item is the suspension, as mentioned earlier. Very cool engineering seeing all the arms and rods articulating up and down. A test ride will reveal the design but the reviews I've read say it's the pussies whiskers for sure. Visually, you can't miss that big ass engine at all. I think the designers wanted to show off the flat 6 like never before and they did, IMO. Paint was superb on the bronze, blue and red ones at the show and attention to detail is everywhere on the bike. For my butt, the seat would have to go to RDL, but that's me. It felt like the stock seat from previous years. I'm 5'11" 185 lbs and the seating to bars is perfect for me with 35" sleeve length. The DCT will be interesting when I finally get over for a test ride next week.
    Your takeaways are very similar to mine, from my butt test ride today.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Was your butt numb after a few minutes? Mine was on my stock seat. Had to get the RDL asap.