Power Strip ?

Thread: Power Strip ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I got the Eastern Beaver, I like having the pos. & neg., 6 switched lugs & 2 always hot from the battery, all fused, under the cover. I Velcrowed the left side of the fuse block to the right edge of the strap that holds the battery in, & the right side Velcrowed to the plastic cover that protects the positive post. Then using the top & bottom screw holes on the Eastern Beaver I zip tied it to the strap holding the battery in. Seems to be very secure.
    I P/U the power for the 6 "fused switched lugs" from inside the OEM fuse block, using the "switched hot" screw in top left corner. The 2 "fused battery hot" lugs straight off the positive post. Ground to the neg. battery & then to the frame. I put red heat shrink over all the hot wires for extra safety.
    Right now, I only have my heated RDL on the switched lug, my electric bag opener on the battery hot lug. I plan on feeding my accessory power outlets & future lights off the Eastern Beaver in the near future. == I'll post any problems I run into.
    Eastern Beaver makes & sells well made products. It arrived from Japan in 3-4 days. This is only my second purchase from Jim in 7-8 years, he has a quality product, great service @ a fair price...

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I got the Eastern Beaver, I like having the pos. & neg., 6 switched lugs & 2 always hot from the battery, all fused, under the cover. I Velcrowed the left side of the fuse block to the right edge of the strap that holds the battery in, & the right side Velcrowed to the plastic cover that protects the positive post. Then using the top & bottom screw holes on the Eastern Beaver I zip tied it to the strap holding the battery in. Seems to be very secure.
    I P/U the power for the 6 "fused switched lugs" from inside the OEM fuse block, using the "switched hot" screw in top left corner. The 2 "fused battery hot" lugs straight off the positive post. Ground to the neg. battery & then to the frame. I put red heat shrink over all the hot wires for extra safety.
    Right now, I only have my heated RDL on the switched lug, my electric bag opener on the battery hot lug. I plan on feeding my accessory power outlets & future lights off the Eastern Beaver in the near future. == I'll post any problems I run into.
    Eastern Beaver makes & sells well made products. It arrived from Japan in 3-4 days. This is only my second purchase from Jim in 7-8 years, he has a quality product, great service @ a fair price...
    Post some picts of the install when you have a chance.