Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
So, after taking a couple of short, unexpected February rides, I realize that this bike (2013 F6B) is pretty dam comfortable, smooth, powerful, good handling, etc.

To trade or sell and get the full Wing I want (DCT airbag) would probably cost me $20,000 net...not including loss of accessories I have added, and depreciation I have already eaten (of course, you're gonna lose that now, later, or way later).

As I continue to add stuff ... now looking at an aftermarket seat ... I wonder if it is worth it to consider a new bike, even a few years from now.

However...

There is one HUGE omission on my bike that keeps a full Wing, Eluder, BMW, Venture, etc. on the distant radar.

Anti. Lock. Brakes.

When I bought my F6B, I did not realize how much of a lifesaver ABS can be. Just wasn't thinking of it.

So, here is what I am thinking (subject to change 1,000 more times) now...

Get another bike, one with ABS. This could be a significantly cheaper option. If the VStar 1300 Deluxe had ABS, it would be on my short list. Hell, maybe even a Burgman or a Versys 650. Maybe a used Victory?

Anyway, just throwing it out there for thoughts and perspectives.
I think it rather foolish to consider spending thousands of bucks on a new GW just because it has ABS brakes. The linked brake system on the Honda has worked great for several years now and does the job of stopping the bike...I had a Victory Vision with ABS, the thing weighed 900lbs. and did not stop any better than all the other bikes I have owned..The very few times that you might need to "panic stop" on wet or icy roads on a bike is marginal in my opinion...Granted many manufacturers are using ABS now, mostly due to "market ploys" I personally would not worry about the super good brakes on your F6B...If it really bothers you that much "Go For It"....Regards