Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
Thanks for the insight. Perhaps I will spend a couple hundred of that $20,000 it would cost to upgrade (BTW, would not do this until at least 2020) on an Advanced Rider Course and become a professional brakeotologist. I may have to go out of the region, though...each summer, the local class never gets enough people to sign up (minimum 8) to ever get scheduled.

Has anyone ever tested stopping distance from ___ mph with just the front brake applied (and partially the rear, via linked brakes of course) vs front AND rear applied?

VStar Rider,
It has been awhile since I last visited the F6B site as I sold my F6B and went back to a Harley with ABS. Although I truly enjoyed the F6B and found the linked brakes good, they still were not up to snuff for a large heavy cruiser making a panic stop on wet pavement. Lost a fellow BK club rider a year ago when the older Harley without ABS that he was on couldn't stop in time on a vehicle that turned out in front of him. Not sure if ABS would have saved him but it sure would have been better odds.

The highways are crowded and getting more so every day and the number of distracted drivers keeps increasing so in my opinion anything you can do to up the odds in your favor is worth the cost. Plus, those new 2018 Goldwings really do look great and with ABS it is worth the upgrade. Wish that Honda would have also put the reverse in the standard Goldwing as I could be persuaded to make the move back to one. BTW, the newer Harleys with the M8 like my 2017 Road King really upped their game as these things ride great and have plenty of power to put a smile on your face every time you roll the throttle.

Keep the shiny side up.

XHarley