Timing Chain Cover

Thread: Timing Chain Cover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @Joflewbyu2 ... It is not an oil bath type timing chain. I did have a very small amount of oil come out, maybe less than a teaspoon. If you take the lower cowl off (4 screws and 2 pins) you can get to the edges of the cover. I loosened the center access before removing the plate. An 8mm socket will loosen the bolts around the edges and I lightly pried the lower left edge with a large flathead screwdriver. Be aware that there is a sensor attached to the inside of the plate with a 10mm socket it can be removed. I have read that some disconnect the switch at the connector but I chose not to disrupt the connection. Many said that it was tough to remove the gasket but I found it came off rather easily. I ordered a gasket and it arrives Friday and the shop will have my cover finished Friday as well.

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver
    wide variety of music on the USB

Thanks for the reply. I might just buy another cover and replace mine. I thought it might be more like an oil change amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimamiah View Post
    @Joflewbyu2 ... It is not an oil bath type timing chain. I did have a very small amount of oil come out, maybe less than a teaspoon. If you take the lower cowl off (4 screws and 2 pins) you can get to the edges of the cover. I loosened the center access before removing the plate. An 8mm socket will loosen the bolts around the edges and I lightly pried the lower left edge with a large flathead screwdriver. Be aware that there is a sensor attached to the inside of the plate with a 10mm socket it can be removed. I have read that some disconnect the switch at the connector but I chose not to disrupt the connection. Many said that it was tough to remove the gasket but I found it came off rather easily. I ordered a gasket and it arrives Friday and the shop will have my cover finished Friday as well.