Florida riding recommendations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida riding recommendations

Florida riding recommendations

Me and two friends are doing Daytona bike week (1st time for all) and I’m looking for a couple of day trip suggestions, 150-300 mlies round trip, maybe a little more.
    I’m already aware of going to Cabbage Patch, Broken Spoke, Destination Daytona etc and that type of thing just want to go on a couple of good rides, off the beaten path type stuff I always read you guys are doing while we suffer through the winter months.
    We are staying in our RV in Port Orange, Nova Campground
    Thanks in advance
    Rod

Taz, one suggestion is go south on US1 or I95 to state road 192(around Melbourne )Go west to US441. Head south on 441 until you hit lake Okeechobee. You can drive around the lake. Beautiful Florida country side.Go safari around the lake as you want then work your way back to Daytona. Enjoy your bike week. F6Broy

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    Taz, one suggestion is go south on US1 or I95 to state road 192(around Melbourne )Go west to US441. Head south on 441 until you hit lake Okeechobee. You can drive around the lake. Beautiful Florida country side.Go safari around the lake as you want then work your way back to Daytona. Enjoy your bike week. F6Broy
    This is exactly what I’m looking for!
    Thanks

This Sat, 03/10, DeLand is having a nice low key bike rally. Great town, very friendly, good food, streets lined w/ bikes. We always go, have a great time. If you take rt42 W, jump off & on side roads & it'll take you through some great FL secondary roads & small towns. Try to stay off I-4 & I-95 if possible. Cages are nuts. == Remember in Fl.; 98.6 & a heart beat gets you a "carry permit." Road rage shootings weekly. So keep your cool.

“Remember in Fl.; 98.6 & a heart beat gets you a "carry permit." Road rage shootings weekly. So keep your cool”.[/QUOTE]

Good to know.

Taz, Olegoat ain't kidding!

WEG

Florida riding recommendations ... ride north to the Smokies

North out of Daytona find Old Dixie Hwy. Not long but really pretty and close. You can find many historical sites to visit along the way. You can make a loop and come back along the beach or inland. I think if you Google Daytona Motorcycle Loop you will get some ideas as it is well known. If you decide to go all the way over to the Gulf side of Florida the Ozello Trail is a top rated motorcycle road in the state of Florida. Not many roads for curvy in Florida but pretty can be found.

If you've never been to the FL. Keys it's a beautiful ride down the Over Seas Highway (US-1). It's the beautiful blue green clear Ocean on left side FL. Bay & Mangrove Islands on the right, if you go to Key West, you'll cross 42 bridges, 7 mile bridge is the longest. The bridges that run beside you are left over from the Flagler rail road, over 100 years old. = Expect slow moving traffic Fri thru Sun; not as bad Mon thru Thur. = If you go to Key West take your picture at the big "Southern Most Point" marker, another good photo is the big US-1 MM-0 sign post. If you plan to stay the night, get a room before you head down. It's "season" & they're 98-100% booked. FYI US-1 runs from Key West to Maine. = I lived in the Keys for 19 years, very kicked back, slow pace, care free, it's a fun place to live w/ lots of crazy fun spots & good food & drink. Somewhat costly to live there but non-stop fun.

Daytona is a great place to end up in jail.... sorta dirty nasty town, lotsa hookers and drugs after dark. The Blue-green waters of the Gulfcoast is a much better choice. If you like the everglades, they are full of excitement with the gators and 20' boas.... Of course this time of year the gators are hungry, they love tourist. The suggestion of going to the Smokies sounds better.