Rivco AeropegŪ Flip-Out Highway Pegs | Rick's Reviews Episode 14

Thread: Rivco AeropegŪ Flip-Out Highway Pegs | Rick's Reviews Episode 14

Rivco AeropegŪ Flip-Out Highway Pegs | Rick's Reviews Episode 14

In this 14th installment of Rick's Reviews, WingStuff.com's President and Founder Rick Arnoldo shares his thoughts and insights on Rivco Aeropegs for the Honda Goldwing.

About this product:

Aero Highway Pegs from RIVCO feature CNC machined billet aluminum streamlined stealth pegs that flip out with a flick of your boot and have several inches of forward-and-back adjustment. The pegs bolt to the valve covers, and the set comes triple chrome plated.

The pegs come in three finish choices - triple chrome plated and silver or black anodized. See recommended products.

Shop Rivco for your GoldWing Here:
    http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=rivco+aero+flip-out

First off, great product. Fit and finished look are great. Even my dealer was impressed, they'd never seen them.

They can be flipped out while riding. Some (newer design?) have a small knob that you can catch with your boot. I don't have the knob but it is still not a problem to operate while riding.

As for leaving them out, probably not a good idea. There are a couple of horror stories here of the damage done when the bike fell over. I believe the newer versions have a breakaway to help prevent some damage tho.

I too question the not being able to flip them out while riding stated at 1:31 in the video. I checked the Rivco site and and have attached a photo to support seventwenty's comment. Rick is doing himself and Rivco a disservice with his statement.
    rivco peg.jpg

I do note that the photos for the chromed version do not show the "nub". But the anodized version does
    rivco peg 2.jpg

I also read somewhere that Rivco has machined a cut so that in the event of a tipover the piece would break off and could be replaced but see no product offering to support this. Contacted Rivco and here is a picture of the chat session.
    rivco 3.PNG
    They have changed the design and a replacement pair of pegs is $150, the whole set, new, is $299.95

And the chrome ones do come with the "nub"per Rivco. Rick is running the first generation pegs on his bike. Be sure to get the newer generation ones for the added features.
    rivco 4.PNG
    Last edited by terryboyle; 03-06-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

I drilled 3/16 holes in the outer bottom end and put roll pins in. Short pieces of vacume hose on the roll pins and you can catch them with your shoe sole and open them on the fly.

I have these pegs and like um..on um all the time!!!! does wingstuff offer discount code for F6BRIDER members I'm working up spring order!!!
    Thanks for your support!!!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

I enjoyed the review. A set of black ones are in my future for my B.

Love mine, but, I had an incident last year were during a slow maneuver, in a motel parking lot, I lost a little control, did not go all the way over, but far enough were the right side peg made contact w/the pavement and pulled a screw out and dumped all my oil in the parking lot. Vacation ended and a ride home in the trailer for the 6.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Yes you are correct, sirs. The newer versions come both with the convenient little nubs to toe the pegs open while riding. I'm jealous, I need to upgrade! They are also designed to break-away to avoid engine damage in case of an accident or tip-over. My pegs are the older version without the nubs. Thanks for bringing it up and making that clarification!