I ride solo most of the time and like to have my clothes in a bag on the rear seat. It serves as a good backrest also. Even on my GL1800 I used an old T-bag that served me well on my Valk also. After about 200k miles it had seen its better days. I have a tube leather bag that is good on the rear seat of the B for a few days out on the road. But I needed something a little bigger for trips of a week or more. I use my left saddlebag for things I hope not to use on the road: Cold weather gear, rain gear, tools, tire plug kit and compressor, and a first-aid kit. My goal is to never open the left bag. I use my right bag for general stuff I need to access on a trip. Electronics cables, back brace, casual walking shoes, a map or two, a long sleeve shirt, my good SLR camera for scenic trips, some spray cleaner and rags, and a ball cap or two.

I did lots of research and ended up purchasing the Kuryakyn Xkursion XTR4.0. This bag retails for about $220 and is on close out sale at several places for $115...a great price. This bag is semi-rigid so it keeps its shape nicely. Heavy duty materials, a large open center area, and with side pockets and a rear pocket. Lots of zippered mesh storage pockets inside also. It fits the rear seat nicely and I think I am going to like it a lot.

If you’re looking for a bag for the rear seat you might give this one a look while they’re still available.