Loading F6B on back of pickup.....

Thread: Loading F6B on back of pickup.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do I understand that you are planning for the bike to rest it's rear wheel on the tailgate? AND pull a trailer? Your call but I think you are planning on luck to make that work on a trip.I wouldn't do it...

The gate will most likely be in the way and it does not support much weight anyway. I have not done this but have given some thought to it. Remove the tail gate. Build an extension to the truck bed and support it from the hole in the bumper that is there for a trailer ball up to the rear of the bike. Bed extension will be much narrower than the gate and not restrict turning ability. It can even elevate the back of bike if needed but I don't think that would be necessary. The ramp will temporally attach to the extended support and should be foldable so it can be stored in the bed of truck. Thinking out loud.

Getting a certified welding shop to extend the reach on your trailer would solve the problem with the turning radius?

I have a friend that does that all the time. He has a piece of channel iron the width of the tire which is bolted to the bed. He then ratchets down the front and rear so there is no shock action. The disadvantage is can't cover the bike with it's cover.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original